cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can actos online 45mg get prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i rizact get 5mg cheap i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir diabecon can i get how online 60caps duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase Re:Turkey Bowl - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 281 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2508259
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Turkey Bowl (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Turkey Bowl
sentinel (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Turkey Bowl 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 18  
I come from a REALLY COLD climate. On Thanksgiving Day, a bunch of guys/gals got together, dressed (some outfits were outrageous!) for the weather, brought hot drinks and munchies (each for themselves)and PLAYED FOOTBALL! Sides were chosen, spontaneously, with new arrivals thrown onto one team or another and the game continued until we all were wet, laughing and achy. Sometimes it lasted a couple of hours, sometimes three. Folks who were alone on the holiday, had visitors who wanted to play or root for the motley crew or just hang out, were able to meet their friends, make new friends and have fun. This event, in whatever form, will certainly be more entertaining and fun than anything I see from our Program staff. It needn't be a craft show or chili cook-off, just a spontaneous gathering to share a little "spirit" while the turkey roasted/baked/deep-fried or smoked. We never were distracted by kids running onto the field shouting, "Daddy or Mommy" so it would be best to leave them away from the action. No need for the "church social" style gathering just come on T-giving, 10:00 AM, at the elementary school field. Maybe Sat.,we could do the "Jennifer event", too, if we wanted, too.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/10/09 22:44 By sentinel.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Jenniferstephens (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female lilyandjacksmommy@hotmail.com Location: daybreak Utah! Birthdate: 1978-07-26
Re:Turkey Bowl 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -3  
Sentinal.... Ok why so rude? The "jennifer event"? This is not MY event. I may have been one of the people who came up with it, and we all decided to do it on the saturday after thanksgiving. But if you want to do it on thanksgiving... I guess i will return all the craft items I already bought for the kids, and the lame little turket gravy boat for the trophy. I will not be in town on thanksgiving, along with many other daybreak residents. But go ahead,take the reigns. Plan your turkey bowl and have fun. It was a joint decision to do a crock pot soup meal. But whatever, we dont have to. This wasnt a huge ordeal until all of a sudden someone says that its over planned or whatever. All because i wanted to know if someone could do flyers and help me out a little? For crying out loud.
Do it your way. Obviously "the jennifer event" is being taken over and thats fine. I still have my hobby lobby reciept, and I am fine returning everything. Maybe I will stay in Cali with my family longer. This is ridiculous.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Turkey Bowl 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12  
Jennifer, the Turkey Bowl was a good idea. It just grew into something that no longer resembled the original good idea.

It's a casual, unstructured event. Twenty bags of chips are OK. If people want to bring the kids, then they should either entertain them on their own, sit on the sidelines and watch, lead cheers, or let the kids organize a game of their own.

Simple, Simple, that's all. Every year people do this across the nation just that way. And, they have a great time. We can have a great time.

Your heart is in the right place, I can tell by the enthusiasm.

Last Edit: 2008/10/10 03:37 By GirlInterrupted.
sentinel (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Turkey Bowl 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 18  
Jennifer, I didn't mean to cause you such upset or insult you. Please read my entry more closely and you will find that I suggested that those who are NOT gone for Thanksgiving engage in a "game" for fun and mayhem. It would be an additional event, not one which replaces yours. The term "Jennifer event" was used to recognize your enthusiasm and support of the initial suggested one.

Since Thanksgiving is 6-7 weeks away, I did not realize that the Turkey Bowl was anything other than something in the planning stages by a few good souls. I am a little challenged to see where a preliminary discussion by a few cyber-friends can, yet, yield a "joint decision" on anything.

To threaten to take back the craft items and the turkey boat is a little disconcerting and perplexing. Without any concrete plans for the event, maybe stocking up was a little premature, as well, but for the sake of the children, please reconsider.

There are no "reigns" (sic) to take over as the "games" are just two attempts to get people together - one for those of us who may spend a holiday alone and one for the more family-oriented among us.

Finally, if you want to spend additional time with your family, please do so and coordinate the second "game" event upon your return. This is not an all-or-nothing effort and that is not how this community should move ahead. Heck, that's a Tina Esparza (now Torres) tactic and we're above that.

JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:Turkey Bowl 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 14  
Whoa... anyone else get the feeling that the HOA is reading all of this and loving it???

Ok, first off, nobody needs to take any offense over any of the comments. Sentinel has a good idea for thanksgiving day... while my husband and I wouldn't be able to play, I see nothing wrong with trying to do a pickup game. I do think we should still keep the sat. game for those who can't play on that thursday and still want to. However, I would prefer we did organize it to a certain extent since my husband has tried numerous times to set up a pickup game only to have nobody show. We have had several people express interest to play that day so why not keep both days? Lets not turn this into what all the HOA events turn into... like the kickball game that never happened at the campout.

Last Edit: 2008/10/10 14:22 By JustMe.
JessC (User)
Jess C.
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female coombsy10 Location: eastlake Birthdate: 1983-07-07
Re:Turkey Bowl 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
ok everyone... I will be out of town for approx. the next 3 weeks and won't be able to keep up with the turkeybowl extravaganza. i LOVE that we are coming together and setting a meet-up for neighbors to have a good time. Let us all remember the point... this is for me.. oops, i mean us, to meet our neighbors, make some friends.. and get muddy. Perhaps TIDE should sponsor the GRAVY BOAT TROPHY! ha ha.

Just to throw in my 2cents... I think we might want to stick to the saturday after thanksgiving. My fiance and I are new to utah and won't be having any family t-day plans, but i know most people do have family here and plans.. so we'll spend turkey day waiting for the fun game on sat!

I also agree with JustMe that maybe we could use this thread to have people let us know what they might want to bring as for major items... but any left-overs or last minutes treats or snacks are great. If 20 bags of chips show up with a gallon of hot cocoa... even better. ha ha. =)

Go to top Post Reply