can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online rizact get 5mg cheap cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir actos online 45mg get i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy diabecon can i get how online 60caps Re:Turkey Bowl - The Daybreak Daily
Home

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 190 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2516943
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Turkey Bowl (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Turkey Bowl
Jenniferstephens (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female lilyandjacksmommy@hotmail.com Location: daybreak Utah! Birthdate: 1978-07-26
Re:Turkey Bowl 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -3  
no, the saturday after thanksgiving. Too many people will be out of town, have family in town, and busy cooking dinner to have it ON thanksgiving.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:Turkey Bowl 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 14  
Not to mention many families like to have their own turkey bowls, spend the day with their families and plan their thanksgiving dinners at times conveniant to them. We (or at least I!) didn't think we'd have a very good turnout if we had it on the holiday. Sat seems to work out good for everyone. Besides, what better way to help get rid of leftovers than bring some for a potluck???

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Turkey Bowl 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12  
Ok, I'm lost on this one. A "turkey bowl" anywhere I've lived is a spontaneous sort of event, where folks get together to run off the food and anxiety of the holiday. People enjoy it because it is simple especially after a holiday that generally includes lots of planning. cooking, stress, etc.

This event started out simple and now it's grown a life of its own. Now, not only will people plan for the holiday, they have to plan for the event too.

What's wrong with simple? Crafts, lots of cooking and organization, everyone is losing the spirit of the concept (and a pool of volunteers/participants).

If you want to prove a point about community organized events, I'd suggest something else not pinned to the holiday. Or, just plan a regular turkey bowl, a few munchies, lots of running, no stress.

Jenniferstephens (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female lilyandjacksmommy@hotmail.com Location: daybreak Utah! Birthdate: 1978-07-26
No, its only stressfull if you make it stressfull. I dont think asking people to make a crock pot of soup or chili is stressfull. I am taking the lead on the craft and cookie decorating. It will be $1 per child to do the craft. It makes it fun for the whole fam and not just the men and women playing football. I dont see where this is going to be a stress more than fun. We may have, 25-50 people there. We have to make flyers, that is a must. It has to be announced to all neighbors somehow. Not every one in daybreak look at this web page. "girl" if you dont want to help plan, you dont have to. The only WORK will be organizing teams, and making sure we have enough food coming from residents. Does anyone else think this event has gone "too planned"?

Jenniferstephens (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
And I seriously doubt people would show up to a party ON thanksgiving. So many people do different dinner times, go see family. Having it on Saturday would be the best choice. People are back in town, and what a good way to use leftover turkey! Turkey noodle soup!

JessC (User)
Jess C.
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female coombsy10 Location: eastlake Birthdate: 1983-07-07
Re:Turkey Bowl 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
I guess this Turkey Bowl thing did get a bit more overgrown than I originally thought. I kind of thought it would be a way to hang out with the people on here who want to get together and have a fun time. If people see something going on, they will come over and ask about it and then they'll get on the DAYBREAK DAILY board and the next get together will be even bigger. I think it will be a way to get people involved and a way to get the people who want to have fun events without all the politics together. just fun.

If someone wants to plan kids events and do all that, that's fine, in my opinion. I just kind of thought we would set out some tables, people can e-mail to say what they want to bring so the basics are covered and we can sign up for teams either online through someone, which I personally don't mind if my e-mail is used, or we can all sign up the day of that way if we have no shows there will still be even teams.

Let's just relax and have fun... and apparently freeze our tushies off. =

Go to top Post Reply