advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription rizact get 5mg cheap actos online 45mg get diabecon can i get how online 60caps cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest Re:Lake Police are out of line! - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 337 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2517253
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Lake Police are out of line! (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Lake Police are out of line!
FlyingAce (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Lake Police are out of line! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8  
GirlInterrupted,

You raise some good points. I agree - Kennecott owns the lake and is entitled to do as they please. That said, I do think they would be wise to post some signs and/or communicate their rules rather than just sending the security guards to eject everyone. Again, they can do as they please, but having security out threatening and intimidating people for not following rules they never communicated doesn't exactly do much for their image or the reputation of Daybreak. And, speaking of security.... I still don't understand why Daybreak residents are required to help fund security guards at the lake if the lake is the exclusive property of KL.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Lake Police are out of line! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12  
FlyingAce wrote:
QUOTE:
GirlInterrupted,

That said, I do think they would be wise to post some signs and/or communicate their rules rather than just sending the security guards to eject everyone. Again, they can do as they please, but having security out threatening and intimidating people for not following rules they never communicated doesn't exactly do much for their image or the reputation of Daybreak. And, speaking of security.... I still don't understand why Daybreak residents are required to help fund security guards at the lake if the lake is the exclusive property of KL.

Ace~
I could not agree more, they do need to communicate much more effectively and thoughtfully. Sadly, history shows poor and thoughtless interface to the community is SOP for our HOA and KL.

Security has responsibility for other parks/locations, that's why homeowners are on the hook for the budget item. Unfortunately, because the lake attracts all the bad actors, that's where security lives.

narae (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Lake Police are out of line! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
Actually, there are signs with the Dawn to Dusk hours posted. There are at least 2 that I know of that are visible from Daybreak View Parkway. One near the Bridge and one near the old boat docks. They were installed during the fishing fiasco 2 years ago. I can't vouch for the existance of signs on other parts of the lake, I just know these are there becasue I drive by them everyday.

However, that does not condone the over zealousness of the security guard. With the shortening of the days, dusk is a different time everyday.

JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:Lake Police are out of line! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 14  
While I disagree with how this is being handled, all public parks maintain the same hours of being closed from dusk to dawn. It is rare that you'll ever see this enforced, but I don't know of a city that doesn't have this policy. I don't see this as being only a kennecott issue, but a lifelong policy for the lake especially given its history of vandalism, skinny dipping, and other various laws being broken during night hours. Regardless of what they decide, I hope KL remembers that we are the ones who live here and ultimately represent what they are marketing. Rude security guards are not the answer.

Robert (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Lake Police are out of line! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
Oquirrh Lake is advertised by KLC and pitched by sellers as an amenity for Daybreak residents. By it's mere openess, it's obviously open to the general public with access from public roads. Any restrictions are shown on signage such as "No Swimming", "Do not jump from bridge", "Fishing allowed from Dawn to Dusk". Until they put up signs at every possible entrance restricting the times, or fencing the entire lake it's OPEN. Until they do it right I'll be walking. If you want to bow to their half-assed rule making that's up to you.

sentinel (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Lake Police are out of line! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 18  
Do the signs and policies state that the lake is closed or that all of the trails and environs (adjacent parks and properties) are closed from Dusk until Dawn? At a recent meeting, the residents who live near the lake asked for more security to stave off the recurring trend of mayhem. I have no problem with increased security just the lack of civility and tact by the officers.

Go to top Post Reply