albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir diabecon can i get how online 60caps actos online 45mg get rizact get 5mg cheap over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over Re:NEW PLAY PARK BY LAKE - The Daybreak Daily
Home

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 387 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2515418
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:NEW PLAY PARK BY LAKE (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:NEW PLAY PARK BY LAKE
JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:NEW PLAY PARK BY LAKE 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 14  
mblank13 wrote:
QUOTE:
I would really like it if they built a parking lot or area for that play area. I live on Oquirrh Lake Road and have to pass that park whenever I use 114th. I try my best to go slow through that area but I often have seen families cut out across the road without warning to get back to their cars. In addition, many people park their large vehicles in areas that aren't suited to parking, making it so that it's hard for one car to pass, let alone two. I've also had problems with cars stopping in the road to let their family unload. It's just a large problem and someday someone will get hurt.

Building a parking lot would defeat the intent of having a "walkable community". We have plenty of parks in the community to prevent one park from becoming so crowded but the shear location combined with the numerous activities is really an attraction over other areas. I'm hoping that KL has more parks of this nature in the plans to help spread out the crowd a little bit more so. Something does need to be done though, even if its just no parking signs on the opposite side of the street to prevent the families from walking out in front of cars and allow better flow of traffic!

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
jarmcguire (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:NEW PLAY PARK BY LAKE 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4  
KL has told me that the on street parking issues in this area is something for South Jordan City to address. I have gone online and asked the city to look into putting up "No Parking" signs on at least one side of the street around this area. I haven't heard back from the city yet.

Please go to http://www.southjordancity.org/betterplaceframe.asp and ask the city to post no parking signs as well.

mblank13 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:NEW PLAY PARK BY LAKE 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
Thanks for that link. I will definitely add my request. And by parking lot I didn't really mean a large lot, etc. I just meant more of an on street parking area, perhaps making the one indent on the side where cars park a bit wider so that the people who drive over there don't stick out into the street as much.

JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:NEW PLAY PARK BY LAKE 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 14  
Thanks for the link! I just sent in the request as well so hopefully something will be done to improve the conditions.
As far as the indentations... this seems to be a common request that people would like to see, but it isn't as easy to do as it seems. There are numerous factors that go into widening a street and is extremely costly to do so (even just for indents). It's not something I'd prefer my tax dollars to go to when there are more pressing matters. Not to mention, the existing indentations are made wide enough to accomadate a normal sized vehicle without impacting the flow of traffic. The problem is that people don't tend to park close enough to the curb or other cars. You could plan for the type of crowds all day long, but the fact of the matter is that allowing for more parking isn't the issue, safety is. Until people start ensuring their children aren't running across the street, drivers stop getting distracted while driving, and convienance becomes less of a priority, we will have the same problems over and over again. Eastlake Elementary had some similiar problems at first and the no parking signs have helped the road tremendously. There is nothing wrong with expecting people to walk a little further since there is clearly enough parking available in other locations just a short walk away. We just need something to force people to do so!

justonutah@hotmail.com (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
It has become the valley destination for sun and fun. I have met people there from Sandy, Draper, Murray, and Downtown. they came just for the sandy beach.

ranrai (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
So much for the parks, etc being amenities for those that live in Daybreak....... And there goes the "walkable" community as well as my hard earned HOA fees. Now I'm paying for the entire valley to use Daybreak's amenities!!! I just wish that "the powers that be" would put up signs that allowed parking on one side of the street. The area is simply too congested and waiting for a serious accident to happen! I went to the link and put in my two cents for some kind of traffic control. Haven't gotten a response back yet either!

Go to top Post Reply