buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription diabecon can i get how online 60caps prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i rizact get 5mg cheap i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can actos online 45mg get duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to Re:Qwest Internet Meeting 8/30/2010 - The Daybreak Daily
Home

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 276 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2513988
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Qwest Internet Meeting 8/30/2010 (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Qwest Internet Meeting 8/30/2010
lemonjenny (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Qwest Internet Meeting 8/30/2010 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
GirlInterrupted wrote:
QUOTE:
This is information directly from the meeting not included in the Q&A provided by Kennecott/HOA/Qwest. I find it interesting that folks that didn't bother attending the meeting to get a complete overview are upset with my comments. Oh well.

Did I miss something? Was someone upset with your last post?

GirlInterrupted wrote:
QUOTE:
The TV offering from Qwest is substandard to all other offerings on satellite and cable while more expensive. To bundle you must sacrifice numerous channels and options for TV.

I totally agree. Qwest doesn't have the best deal on TV, not at all. (That's why I don't use them for that.) Good thing it isn't part of our contract. I fail to see how this fact has much, if anything, to do with the internet options we're choosing from. It's good that it's an option for those who want to add it though.

GirlInterrupted wrote:
QUOTE:
Please note: Should a resident find the new router is not suitable for their requirements and replace the router to meet their needs, Qwest will not cover repair cost of any interior equipment/line service issues as they will with equipment installed with the change over.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't new as of this contract negotiation, right? If we don't like what is installed, we're always free to buy a different router to better suit our needs. It's been that way from the get-go. (I personally bought a wireless router, instead of the using the Qwest one installed in my home.) If I misunderstood, please let me know.

As for repair... I had problems with mine when my house was built, and called Qwest. Their tech was there that SAME DAY to fix the issue. I've found them to be very willing to fix equipment that simply doesn't function.

GirlInterrupted wrote:
QUOTE:
If you have the option to shop and bundle, pricing can be negotiated for all services required. With a Qwest contract, there is no option.

This could just be my personal experience, but in the last 10 years I've been shopping/bundling/comparing internet services with every possible provider available here in the valley, $33/month is an absolute steal every which way I've ever looked at it. Comcast is much higher. Qwest retail is much higher, even when bundling TV, home phone, and even Verizon all on one bill... the internet cost is still more than $33/month after the promotional period.

Is there another company other than Qwest or Comcast to get bids from? I can't seem to find one, but would love to know if there is!

Girl Interrupted, I don't mean to quote you to sound like I am disagreeing or trying to start an argument, I'm just responding. I truly appreciate you taking the time to add your opinions and commentary to the very stark HOA letter that was sent out.

Was there any thing else left out? It sounds to me that, other than a few opinions here and there, the letter covered the basics pretty well. It confirms my vote for option 1 as the best financial choice for my family.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/09/06 18:15 By lemonjenny.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
markhenrie (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Warning...Personal opinion below:

Given the 15 year contract with Qwest over the FTTH network I feel like option 1 is the best option going forward. I understand that there are a few people who have had bad experiences with Qwest but you are going to find that with any company. Given that we still have time left on the 15 years the only option available other than Qwest would be Comcast. If Qwest is upgrading their core to allow faster speeds and lowering the price for 12Mbps to $33/month, I'm not sure how anyone feels they can beat that price. I personally don't feel like calling Comcast every 3 to 6 months to threaten canceling in order to get the same service for around the same price. And if Qwest is going to offer faster speeds up to 100Mbps then for me its an easy decision. Hope this helps anyone still not sure...I'd hate for option 2 to get voted in and have to pay full price for Qwest or Comcast, and not have the option for upgraded speeds. It doesn't make sense to have FTTH and only be getting 10Mbps, Or Comcast's "powerboost" which you can only get if you have all TV with them as well and you still have to pay extra.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Qwest Internet Meeting 8/30/2010 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 12  
GirlInterrupted wrote:
QUOTE:
The TV offering from Qwest is substandard to all other offerings on satellite and cable while more expensive. To bundle you must sacrifice numerous channels and options for TV.

I totally agree. Qwest doesn't have the best deal on TV, not at all. (That's why I don't use them for that.) Good thing it isn't part of our contract. I fail to see how this fact has much, if anything, to do with the internet options we're choosing from. It's good that it's an option for those who want to add it though.

Having the option gives a big picture opportunity to structure services with any vendor "as needed per individual family", not just a potential minuscule savings for the collective whole. I'm sure I don't use the same service structure as you do or even my next door neighbor

GirlInterrupted wrote:
QUOTE:
Please note: Should a resident find the new router is not suitable for their requirements and replace the router to meet their needs, Qwest will not cover repair cost of any interior equipment/line service issues as they will with equipment installed with the change over.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't new as of this contract negotiation, right? If we don't like what is installed, we're always free to buy a different router to better suit our needs. It's been that way from the get-go. (I personally bought a wireless router, instead of the using the Qwest one installed in my home.) If I misunderstood, please let me know.

As for repair... I had problems with mine when my house was built, and called Qwest. Their tech was there that SAME DAY to fix the issue. I've found them to be very willing to fix equipment that simply doesn't function.

Yes, you can purchase your own equipment. Once that is done any service performed in the house will cost the homeowner. If you retain the installed qwest equipment those costs are covered. As for repair...We had three service calls to correct our issue. The fourth call we were told they couldn't find the problem and we would have to pay going forward. We took care of the problem on our own finding that the router, approved by Qwest for installed, created intermittent problems.

What baffles me is not a single person in the discussions about Qwest has bothered to mention the documented poor customer and technical service ratings the company has maintained for at least the last 5 years. Not just in Daybreak but in all service areas. The issues transcend all their product offerings. With that very public knowledge, Daybreak is blindly ready to sign everyone up for more.

GirlInterrupted wrote:
QUOTE:
If you have the option to shop and bundle, pricing can be negotiated for all services required. With a Qwest contract, there is no option.

This could just be my personal experience, but in the last 10 years I've been shopping/bundling/comparing internet services with every possible provider available here in the valley, $33/month is an absolute steal every which way I've ever looked at it. Comcast is much higher. Qwest retail is much higher, even when bundling TV, home phone, and even Verizon all on one bill... the internet cost is still more than $33/month after the promotional period.

Is there another company other than Qwest or Comcast to get bids from? I can't seem to find one, but would love to know if there is!

Everything is negotiable, just ask.

Girl Interrupted, I don't mean to quote you to sound like I am disagreeing or trying to start an argument, I'm just responding. I truly appreciate you taking the time to add your opinions and commentary to the very stark HOA letter that was sent out.

Was there any thing else left out? It sounds to me that, other than a few opinions here and there, the letter covered the basics pretty well. It confirms my vote for option 1 as the best financial choice for my family. [/quote]

The letter may have covered your basics but it didn't come close to informing you about the needs of many other Daybreak residents that attended the meeting and voiced their opinion. There are many that need the service for something other than Yahoo groups, Facebook, and homework. They work from home or run a business. Answers for these people were vague or unanswered.

I can understand your desire to save a few bucks a month to surf the web, but don't lock the rest of the community into a casual contract that doesn't benefit residents that don't have the same needs. It seems a bit self focused.

Last Edit: 2010/09/10 16:00 By GirlInterrupted.
GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
It appears folks aren't paying attention to what it's going to cost the community to carry the non-paying homes even for 60 days. This isn't a benifit to us in any form.

- The revenue sharing element will not be credited to each homeowner’s account, rather the payments that would be received each quarter will be used by the Community to benefit the Council and its programs within Daybreak.

Revenue sharing doesn't seem to be the correct terminology for what's going to happen. One of the major complaints against the contract was we (HOA/Homeowners) were paying for houses that were behind on dues or empty/foreclosed properties. Qwest did not have a contract option to terminate service to individual homes. In the new contract Qwest is passing the buck to the HOA and giving a kick back to attempt to cover costs. In the new contract the HOA will take charge of all the administration of terminating service. I'm not sure how they will balance the books since we pay our HOA fees in advance. If a homeowner misses payment for 30 days they receive a notice, service is still on. At 60 days, the HOA sends a termination notice, and let's Qwest know to discontinue service. So the HOA is still on the hook for at least 60 days service AND they have to administer all the back office work. The cost of administrating the program and the additional minimum 60 day gimme for delinquent accounts will increase the HOA operations costs, eating all if not more of the kick back.

lemonjenny (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
GirlInterrupted wrote:
QUOTE:

There are many that need the service for something other than Yahoo groups, Facebook, and homework. They work from home or run a business. Answers for these people were vague or unanswered.

I can understand your desire to save a few bucks a month to surf the web, but don't lock the rest of the community into a casual contract that doesn't benefit residents that don't have the same needs. It seems a bit self focused.

I don't appreciate the patronizing assumption that, because I'm a happy Qwest customer, that I just use the internet to "surf the web". I actually am one of the Daybreak residents who runs a business from my home computer, using the internet. And I'm happy with my service. I don't want to keep Qwest as the bulk contract ONLY to save a few bucks, but to save my family a LOT of money for what Qwest offers, and will be offering, AND to benefit my home business.

In contrast, I find your opinion that we should all pay more for the few of you who have had problems more self-focused than what you claim is self-focused on my part, but that's a moot point. Our opinions differ. The majority rules, and I guess we'll find out soon what the majority wants.

GirlInterrupted wrote:
QUOTE:
Everything is negotiable, just ask.

You've negotiated with both Qwest and Comcast and gotten a cheaper deal than their retail rates? By how much? Because in my years of negotiating with them, I still haven't seen anything that is as great as a deal as we are lucky enough to get here at Daybreak.

The survey is closed now. I hope they'll release the results soon so I can stop wondering about this and go back to my regularly scheduled programming!

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
lemonjenny wrote:I don't appreciate the patronizing assumption that, because I'm a happy Qwest customer, that I just use the internet to "surf the web". I actually am one of the Daybreak residents who runs a business from my home computer, using the internet. And I'm happy with my service. I don't want to keep Qwest as the bulk contract ONLY to save a few bucks, but to save my family a LOT of money for what Qwest offers, and will be offering, AND to benefit my home business.

In contrast, I find your opinion that we should all pay more for the few of you who have had problems more self-focused than what you claim is self-focused on my part, but that's a moot point. Our opinions differ. The majority rules, and I guess we'll find out soon what the majority wants. [/quote]

LJ, I'm not so shallow as to make a single focus assumption and direct my comments only to you, I'm talking about the community as a whole and THATS my point. It's about everybody.

Just say'n it's like giving every women in the world one size fits all pantyhose from the dollar store. They are cheap, poorly built, no guarantees,don't fit and causes chaffing. I'm sure we will see in short order how much we don't save when the HOA has to start managing the program. It won't be added to the telecommunity part of the bill, we will see it in operations increase.

Last Edit: 2010/09/10 16:52 By GirlInterrupted.
Go to top Post Reply