cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy rizact get 5mg cheap can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription diabecon can i get how online 60caps can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online actos online 45mg get Re:HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? - The Daybreak Daily
Home

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 354 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2512916
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice?
sam (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
Daybreak made everyone on Lake Bridge to have those wrought iron fences and wood fence in the back/side was also dictated by DB. I would prefer a lower maintenance vinyl or no fence but i didn't have a choice or a say.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Tiffini (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
That is unfortunate that you weren't given any fence choices and forced to have them if they weren't wanted. I noticed that there are several places on Lake Bridge that don't have fences to further illustrate the point that there doesn't appear to be consistency with the application of any of the design rules.

As for our issue, it has been delayed by a month. The Convenants Committee was supposed to meet in June and review our appeal. Unfortunately, not many folks showed up, so it was put to an electronic vote. The results came back 50/50 (thanks to all who voted in our favor!), with three members not voting, so we have to wait another full month until the Covenants Committee meets in July so they can come to a consensus to tell the HOA board their opinion for the end of July meeting. We are really at the mercy of them meeting and issuing an opinion and the HOA meeting before we can do anything

If I had any idea this process would take a full three months, if not longer, I would have started this back in January! We are also getting very mixed messages as to why we are being told we have to have a wooden picket fence. Originally, the DRC said it was due to our next door neighbor's wooden picket fence. After the Covenant's Committee met, they said it was because it was the developer's intent that our area should have wooden picket fences. I am so not buying that, seeing as how the wooden picket fence next door is the only wooden picket fence in this area and everything else within one or more blocks around us is wrought iron. I have also read on this board that the developer did not want to allow the wooden picket fence next door, but they buyers refused to close unless it was permitted (haven't heard this first hand).

Sadly, this is a cautionary tale for anyone thinking of moving to Daybreak. As I have told my co-workers about it, they have been astonished that our HOA would try to force us to put an inferior, cheaper, non-sustainable product in our yard. Many have asked me to let them know the outcome and have specifically mentioned if the HOA forces us to put a wooden picket fence up instead of a wrought iron fence, they would never move to Daybreak because this is one of the most ridiculous things they have heard of and they don't want to deal with this type of mentality themselves.

Last Edit: 2010/06/28 15:32 By Tiffini.
GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 12  
The Lake Bridge mish-mash of fencing is unfortunate. I'm not sure what the design concept was for that particular location but the idea really didn't work when put in practice.

I'm one of the first to speak out about the HOA/Developers inability to be consistent with enforcement of their own rules. My question is, when should they become consistent? Should they take a strong arm enforcement roll immediately after your fence exception has been approved? I can understand their desire to see wood against wood. I can understand your desire to have iron. But it comes down to the rules, not who and when they should apply.

Every section of the community is suppose to have certain features that are distinctive. I don't necessarily agree with them but I knew that was the case and planed accordingly. Several items on my landscape proposal were turned down and I wasn't pleased. I wanted a fence for my front yard but it was not allowed in my area. I still want a fence, but I'm not going to ask the HOA for an exception as it still hasn't been approved for my area.

As for people not moving to Daybreak because of rules or the issue of inconsistency, it's probably a good idea that they don't move here as it's an HOA community and they won't like it.

Last Edit: 2010/06/28 18:27 By GirlInterrupted.
Tiffini (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
I think you are missing my point. We are not asking anyone to break or bend rules. The only written, specific front yard fence rule (other than getting permission to install one), is that is must be consistent with the architecture of your home. There are homes in my area with the same design that have wrought iron fences in the front. The area I live in, with the exception of one front yard fence, is wrought iron. From a consistency standpoint, my front yard fence should be wrought iron; not wood. This is the reason why we are challenging this decision.

Just because someone may have bent rules (again, just from what I have read on this board) and allowed our neighbor to install a wooden picket fence; it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to force others to mirror that exception when the rest of the neighborhood is a different material.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 12  
Ah, ok, another HOA boondoggle. They caved to pressure from a prior owner and you have to pay the consequences. Sorry to hear that.

Go to top Post Reply