rizact get 5mg cheap advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to actos online 45mg get buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i diabecon can i get how online 60caps to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy Re:BOD Meeting on 5/27/09 @ 6:00 PM - The Daybreak Daily
Home

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 508 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2513881
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:BOD Meeting on 5/27/09 @ 6:00 PM (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:BOD Meeting on 5/27/09 @ 6:00 PM
GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:BOD Meeting on 5/27/09 @ 6:00 PM 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 12  
buffalogal wrote:
QUOTE:
Here's one: Why do we have to pay for a crappy(pun intended), dangerous park like the Dog Park? Great idea and bravo to Luckyfish who worked their tails off on getting it installed but KL should be ashamed of themselves in the execution of this disaster. I CANNOT believe they even put it in their marketing materials!! And what am I paying for?!?! Stickers, burrs and goatheads, future vet bills??

Ditto!

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
jarmcguire (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:BOD Meeting on 5/27/09 @ 6:00 PM 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 4  
Scoop, have you heard anything about the Qwest contract? It seems that by now something should have been worked out.

jarmcguire (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:BOD Meeting on 5/27/09 @ 6:00 PM 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 4  
I was unable to attend last nights meeting due to some other meetings I had to attend. Does anyone have notes from last nights meeting they can share?

I emailed Ty & Derek about some of my concerns and when I get a response I will share anything that is important.

lancehomer (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:BOD Meeting on 5/27/09 @ 6:00 PM 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
I was there for part of the meeting so I'll give you a summary of what I heard:

1. Qwest Contract - A few concerned residents expressed there desire to be able to opt-out of Qwest due to pricing, support issues, or bad TV issues. The board listened to their concerns. Not to be mean, but most of the concerns weren't looking at things from a big picture and were wasting everyone's time in the minutia of problems that could be resolved at a personal level and weren't of the HOA's concern.

The board concluded that the over all response to the survey was positive with Qwest. They are asking Qwest to come back with 4 different scenarios on pricing.

I raised the issue that the current contract requires the HOA to pay for the Internet for homes in default on HOA dues and vacant homes. I made the point that this should have been disclosed in the survey and that had people known the true cost for homes actually using it is higher (somewhere between 10-20% depending on whose numbers you trust).

2. Landscaping Issues - Several residents complained that the neighborhood is suffering with unattended yards due to foreclosures, short sales, and vacant homes. The residents basically wanted to know what the policy was about when the HOA finally gets involved and cleans things up. The concern is that the HOA cleans up areas that will have marketing traffic and not areas that are off the beaten path since there have been parts of Founders Park left in disrepair for summer after summer when Eastlake seems to be getting cleaned up due to the LDS Temple Open House (marketing traffic). The Board said that the LDS church actually is the one who contracted out the clean-up.

3. Trees Lining Streets - The 1st year it is under and depending upon whether KL or the builder bought the tree that is who should be contacted for replacement. After the first year, you own the tree in front of your house and if it dies you pay to replace it. There was some concern from residents that KL had been contacted during that 1st year and nothing was done and now they are in a subsequent year. There was also concern that no one has ever made this "you own" the tree thing clear to the residents before. The HOA's argument is that they don't think it is fair to have the HOA dues being going to pay for a tree that a homeowner should have been caring for. That isn't a bad justification, but it seems like these trees are part and parcel to the essence of Daybreak's look and feel and I'm much more comfortable spreading out the risk of a dying tree across the HOA's funds and them being responsible for getting a comparable tree in and deciding when a tree needs to be replaced. The other part would be to have the HOA give notice to residents not watering their yards that they would be responsible for tree replacement if it were to die.

4. Extra Traffic Generated by Temple Open House - A resident who lives at corner of Open Crest and Top View was concerned that her street will be a major thorough fare for 100's of thousands of cars during the temple open house. Additionally she was concerned that many cars run through the stop sign right near the park where children play. The board responded that the church is using 3 entrances for the temple open house (one off Daybreak Rim Parkway (114th), one off South Jordan Parkway (104th South) and one off 40th West) and that the tickets will show one of these three entrances based upon the tour time. They also said that they have a guide for people to know the numbers to call for the church and police if there are parking or traffic issues. In general the board was fairly polite in listening, but they should have just made it clear that the City of South Jordan is responsible for the traffic issues and that the HOA has no jurisdiction. They did respond in quelling the suggested rumor that KL had negotiated with the church to not use 40th West as an entrance in order to drive marketable traffic through the neighborhood.

5. Sunflower Park - Some residents, including myself, showed up because it was believe that the HOA wasn't going to replace the playground equipment in this park. It was learned that they've committed funds to doing so, but just haven't had a design they've liked. A sub-committee will be meeting at the park on June 2nd at 6 PM to take a look at the park.

I left after this.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:BOD Meeting on 5/27/09 @ 6:00 PM 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 12  
I respectfully disagree with Lance on the personal Qwest issues being minutia. The board needs to hear about the poor product offered and the inadequate level of support services. As for the survey, I hold judgment oh how accurate the findings are. I know few if any of the people in my area visit the community web site or really care what’s posted there.

As for landscaping issues, in addition to foreclosures and short sales, rentals and absentee owners were discussed. The LDS church isn't cleaning up the private residences. They have contracted to clean up the lots turned into parking areas.

Regarding the temple traffic, the HOA is not responsible, but Kennecott should be as the city and the LDS church did not make the decision to route traffic through the community in a vacuum. Kennecott was a very active partner in how the traffic would flow. When the temple was announced several years ago, Kennecott went to great lengths to assure residents the traffic would flow on 4000 West and not create issues on our quiet side streets. They want the exposure and thought no farther than their wallets as to how it would impact the resident’s safety.

The dog park was discussed. Kennecott thinks the HOA should fund improvements for the Dog Park like they are doing at Sunflower. If that is the case, the park will remain substantially unusable for a great deal of time, until funding is available. The suggestion was made that since Kennecott Land sets the level of expectations for parks and amenities, and the Dog Park did not in any manner meet those expectations, they should not have turned the park over to the HOA. The same comment was made about Sunrise Park on Open Crest. Both Parks were turned over to the HOA unfinished and unsafe, putting the residents on the financial hook to set them right.

scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:BOD Meeting on 5/27/09 @ 6:00 PM 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 22  
thanks for the updates everyone, I had to leave about 6:50pm, so I heard the Qwest stuff, Dog Park (KL really should take ownership and fix this ASAP with their $), and the landscaping issues...

If anyone has anything else to add let us know.

I wish I could have stayed longer, I have a lot of budget questions (CCMC margins, no raises for CCMC employees 2010, etc), however the next meeting is where we will og over financials for 2010 so I would have most likely been told to ask them then...yadda yadda...

Oh yeah I wanted to recommend that if there is any $ left over from the Sunflower park makeover (I had KL set up the committee last year for this) that we could put it towards the Dog Park to at least fix the safety issues and make it use able for this summer.

anyways

Last Edit: 2009/05/29 15:04 By scoop.
Go to top Post Reply