albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online actos online 45mg get rizact get 5mg cheap diabecon can i get how online 60caps buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir Re:The snow has arrived.... - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 88 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2518016
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:The snow has arrived.... (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:The snow has arrived....
Lava (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The snow has arrived.... 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0  
So..(and please correct me if I didn't post this under the right spot)..

We pay HOA dues.. a portion of these dues are supposed to cover snow removal from roads and alley ways within Daybreak, correct?

Why on earth do we have a winter wonderland all over our roads?!? Did some higher-up HOA jerk decide that we no longer need snow removal? Safety of residents no longer counts?

Granted, I've only lived in my house since July, so perhaps I just don't know how the HOA and things of that nature roll..
But what gives?

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/12/16 17:26 By Lava. Reason: forgot a word..
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:The snow has arrived.... 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 14  
Actually, the city is the responsible party for roads and alleys, not the HOA. Major roads are the main priority and until those are cleared, minor roads aren't touched. Also, keep in mind that they require a certain amount of snow before they'll remove it. This is only my second winter but if memory serves me right, our roads sucked last winter too. By the time we had enough snow to plow, it was solid ice underneath. No fun, that's for sure!

deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The snow has arrived.... 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4  
Lava wrote:
QUOTE:
Why on earth do we have a winter wonderland all over our roads?!?

Not to sound too smart-assed, but...we live in Utah. It snows here. I think the snow removal is top notch here, but I come from a place where we might have seen a snow plow on our residential street 3 or 4 times a winter. The rest of the time we drove on packed snow and ice. I guess your view of snow removal services is all relative.

I suggest you get some good tires for your car. A set of dedicated snow tires is best, but barring that make sure of have some good all-seasons in good shape.

narae (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The snow has arrived.... 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2  
You have to keep in mind that cities are being hit HARD in this current economic downturn. Sales tax revenue is down due to people not spending money and property tax revenue is lower due to the downturn in the housing market. That is most cities main source of revenue. Plowing roads costs alot of money. Money the cities don't really have right now. And it was such a sudden turn around, most didn't have the forethought to sock away a rainy day fund.

Driving on snow packed roads isn't that dangerous, as long as you drive for the conditions. I grew up in a small town in Idaho and the roads were always snow packed. There really weren't that many more accidents because people drove for the conditions.

I will take a few snowy roads if it means that we don't loose other services like police and fire. That is a decision alot of cities are having to make right now. We all need to have a little understanding during these tough times, because I don't think that it is going to get any better for a while.

Lava (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The snow has arrived.... 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0  
I sincerely appreciate the replies. I was perhaps given bad information leading me to believe that HOA dues contribute to the snow removal.. hence not thinking that the city is responsible, rather thinking they had contracted out the snow removal..so on and so forth. Please excuse my ignorance on that subject.

That being said, I know we live in UT. I know it snows. I grew up in the midwest, so driving on snow is not a foreign concept to me. Please do not assume that just because I may not want to drive on the snow, does not mean that I don't know how per the conditions nor that I am unable to make sure I have the appropriate tires and such.

littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The snow has arrived.... 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2  
I think the HOA does the snow removal for townhomes.At this time of year I am thankful I only have an alley and no long driveway to shovel. Thanks Daybreak!

I am curious, do we actually know that the lack of road maintenance is due to lack of $$? Or is it simply poor planning and organization? I hear the economy status as a reason or excuse for just about everything these days! If we have to choose between fire/police and safe roads to drive on, then it sounds like they need to raise taxes a little to compensate. I moved here from another state and we paid much more in taxes and as a result we had better funded schools and adequate public safety- including winter road safety issues.

I also grew up in the midwest and have lived in the northeast, and I am very surprised at how poorly the road are maintained here thus far in comparison(plowed/ sanded/ salted). So I understand where you are coming from. I am not sure why that is, but I figure I will just have to get used to it.

Go to top Post Reply