rizact get 5mg cheap prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to actos online 45mg get duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i diabecon can i get how online 60caps to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir Re:Holiday Bazaar Cancelled? - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 298 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2493904
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Holiday Bazaar Cancelled? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Holiday Bazaar Cancelled?
narae (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Holiday Bazaar Cancelled? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
I just read the weekly email from Tina and in it they announced that they were cancelling the Holiday Bazaar this year. I haven't attended in the past, but the reasoning that was given just seemed to be very suspect to me. I have been in the DCC while the Bazaar was being set up before, and it really seemed to be sustained by the participants, so beyond keeping track of the vendors participating and making sure the DCC is available, I am not sure how this would be such a burden to the DCC staff? I don't know, it just left a funny taste in my mouth after I read Tina's blurb and wanted to see what other people thought. As this was something that was initially started by residents and not the HOA, I just feel that the HOA is becoming more totallitarian every day. It's our way, idea, etc etc or the highway type of thing. And the residents ideas, feeling etc don't mean crap. Sorry, just rambling, but am really annoyed with the HOA (more than I usually am, hence the post)

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/09/26 16:23 By narae.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
kdudley (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Holiday Bazaar Cancelled? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3  
narae wrote:
QUOTE:
I just feel that the HOA is becoming more totallitarian every day. It's our way, idea, etc etc or the highway type of thing. And the residents ideas, feeling etc don't mean crap.

Narae, I couldn't agree more. Awhile ago I called for a revision of our current activities program. I would like to see the Lifestyle director taken out of the party planning business. I would like to see the programs committee budget provided to residents in the form of grants administered by the HOA and the Lifestyle Director but control of what we do and on what scale given to the residents. The Lifestyle director can then be a resource and we take CCMC out of the position of authority when it comes to defining our sense of "community". Activities could happen on a small neighborhood scale as well as on a large community scale. Let the residents decide what kind of arts, fitness, parties, and community activism we want to engage in.

The Lifestyle Director could then also manage the club and we could eliminate one Full time staffer.

I would also like to see more resident control of the use of our community center. If we wanted to host our own holiday Bazaar, under the current policies, it would cost a rental fee because we are not a club limited to resident only participation.

I think we have to remember that corporations are not about community as much as they are about profit and public perception. If we are able to take some of the politics out of the programs process it I think it will benefit the organic development of the community

scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Holiday Bazaar Cancelled? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 22  
I completely agree with kdudley...

maybe some community business owners can get together and rent the DCC and have the event anyways without CCMC being involved? just a thought

JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:Holiday Bazaar Cancelled? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 14  
Oh, I hope the vendors do get together to do that! Maybe the builders would even help by opening up their homes for use as well like Rainey has done for Sweet Sadie??? I wasn't able to go last year either because of previous engagements but I was really hoping to go this year. I'm extremely dissappointed that they canceled it in leau of the halloween and christmas events. The bazaar catered to more people than the other two (which I won't be attending) as well, and as said before, what exactly would the staff need to do exactly for an event like the Bazaar? It can't be so bad that it's worth cancelling it!

jarmcguire (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Holiday Bazaar Cancelled? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4  
Does anyone know how many vendors had signed up for the bazaar? How strong has the community turned out for this event is the past?

I know if I was vendor I wouldn't want to hear it was canceled because the HOA management didn't feel they could handle it in conjunction with two other activities they deemed more important.

Of course maybe the HOA will tell the vendors that the residents weren’t showing enough support and therefore they have to cancel the bazaar.

luckyfish (User)
graphgraph
Re:Holiday Bazaar Cancelled? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11  
I agree with all; it was a community event which was hijacked by the Programs person. It was a useful forum for community vendors and crafters to present ideas and opportunities for their neighbors.

For the vendors, the cost was astronomical!! For a four-hour event, a table and two chairs, it was $150.00. If you wanted electricity or a "better location" it went up to $200 and $300!

Supposedly, the cost was so high for promotion and advertising. That means a little work, an email "blast" and some...what, else!?!

It must have been too much work for our $100,000 Program/Lifestyles Director and the vendors just wouldn't sign up for such blatant shenanigans and attempts to dredge up funding for events, thus justifying our Program Planning person. What a shame.

Go to top Post Reply