cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over actos online 45mg get prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest rizact get 5mg cheap advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to diabecon can i get how online 60caps duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy Re:Rewards or Bribery? You shouldn\'t need Incentives - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 69 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2520452
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Rewards or Bribery? You shouldn't need Incentives (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Rewards or Bribery? You shouldn't need Incentives
don (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male donlamoureux O4 Rocks! don@leadstreams.com Location: South Jordan of course! Birthdate: 1966-12-15
Re:Rewards or Bribery? You shouldn't need Incentives 15 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3  
A lot of fantastic people have been involved in the activities committee since it's beginning. They each have put in a lot of time and energy. But there is a reason for the difficulties in putting on these activities and there is a reason that more people don't jump on the committee. Good people can work really hard with the best intentions, but if the whole philosophy is fundamentally flawed, the system won't work.

Daybreak gets bigger every year, yet the amount of $$ available for activities has gone down. It is not covered by the HOA, as some would mistakenly believe, but rather the sale and resale of homes. That is why it is a flawed calculation. Even in a healthy market in which 1,000 homes a year were being built and sold, the funding wouldn't go up, but the number of people served would continue to increase, forcing the committee to charge for things, cut back on food and activities, etc. It's a losing propostition. Eventually, when Daybreak is completed, The activities for 14,000 families would have to be funded by the resales in the community. Impossible. For the biggest community event of the year, the Summer Celebration was massively lacking. Why? No money, no food, etc.

The answer doesn't lie in creating incentives to get volunteers, or by discussing cuts that can be done to fit the activities into a budget. It necessitates a complete paradigm shift in the way community works. I would love an open discussion of this with the residents of Daybreak. I have already shared a vision of what I think could be done with Tina, Derrick and Gina among others on the staff and activities committee, but it was to no avail. There is a better way, but it requires change, and change is uncomfortable for most people.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/07/29 19:48 By don.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply