buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase diabecon can i get how online 60caps can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to rizact get 5mg cheap cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir actos online 45mg get prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy Re:Founders Village Homes with basement flooding - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 277 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2513241
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Founders Village Homes with basement flooding (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Founders Village Homes with basement flooding
scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Founders Village Homes with basement flooding 15 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 22  
There has been a lot of work going on lately on a number of homes in Founders Village that had been having flooding issues. In some cases it took years for the builders to fix the problems and in some cases some homeowners had to get lawyers involved...at least things are getting fixed...

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
coco (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Founders Village Homes with basement flooding 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
I am one of those with flooding issues in the Founders Village. I purchased the home 7 months ago, and was told by the seller that flooding had not been an issue in the home. I approached the builder (Gold Medallion) about the problem and was told that if there had not been problems in the past three years, then they are not liable/responsible as a builder. The basement has taken in water 3 times in the past month and a half, with exposure that is worse with each episode. As it is summer, and none of my neighbors (or myself) have leaks in their sprinkler systems, I am concerned there are larger issues at work under the ground. Most of my neighbors have taken preventative measure to protect against flooding, most of which were addressed by the builder during the past three years. Any suggestions as to how I can get the issue at least acknowledged by the builder? Any ideas (or similar experience) would be wonderful. Thanks!

scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Founders Village Homes with basement flooding 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 22  
coco...email me I will get you in touch with some folks who might be able to help...
scoop@daybreakdaily.com

Last Edit: 2008/08/06 19:20 By scoop.
RyanStevenson (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Founders Village Homes with basement flooding 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
Our basement flooded again last Saturday (October 4, 2008) to the tune of 500-600 gallons of water. We live on Silent Rain Drive in Founders Village. This is the second substantial flooding we've had this year and have had several minor floodings since moving into the house in November of 2005. We know several other residents are experiencing the same frustrations as we are, but we haven't been doing a great job at getting involved and learning what's been happening to protect residents. If there's a group we can join or if anyone individually can respond or email, we would really appreciate hearing from you. We can't listen to the excuse of Daybreak experiencing another "hundred year storm". Twice in ONE year is enough. It's quite apparent there's a combination of severe land drainage issues and irresponsible builders who rushed to build homes in the first phase to take advantage of the real estate boom of the time. Now with the mortgage crisis upon us, new home sales will certainly fall off. Maybe Kennecott will wake up and address the existing land issues rather than putting all of their attention on building the beautiful new phases. Happy to share any information about the problems we've had with whoever wants to hear. Please reply or send email to stevensonry@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Ryan & Mandy Stevenson

sentinel (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Founders Village Homes with basement flooding 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 18  
Bummer, Ryan. Our neighbor had a flooding issue as well but it was due to grading/fill issues and the water infiltrated the window well around the sides of the enclosure and got in through the windows. Some shoveling, some regrading, some bailing and some pumping and it was cured. On the other hand, flooding issues are, and have been, legendary in Founders' Village. The stories are too numerous to re-visit but many houses have been excavated and drainage pipes, pumps and systems have been installed by builders at the urging of Kennecott.

Contact Ty.McCutcheon@kennecott.com; he's terrific and will give you the scoop (not our Scoop but the truth) on what measures to take and your chances of remediation, if any exist. Good luck.

Last Edit: 2008/10/07 23:44 By sentinel.
Go to top Post Reply