rizact get 5mg cheap can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy diabecon can i get how online 60caps cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to actos online 45mg get prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy Re:Solicitors / Uninvited Visitors? - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 348 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2513096
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Solicitors / Uninvited Visitors? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Solicitors / Uninvited Visitors?
lemonjenny (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Solicitors / Uninvited Visitors? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
Have any of you had uninvited "pop in" visitors to your doorstep? Especially lately?

Someone stopped by my house today while I wasn't home (a visiting family member was here and answered the door). They rang the doorbell, and asked if [my full name] lived here. When they heard I did, but that I wasn't home, they asked when they could come back when I wouldn't be at work. They had a clipboard, and were dressed casually.

Now, maybe I'm paranoid, but this type of unsolicited visit really freaks me out, especially in this day and age, and when home burglaries are so rampant. I don't know if it was a salesperson, a person from the local ward (I'm a non-mormon, but I was baptized as a kid so I'm still on "the list" ) , or if it was someone from a utility or city organization of some kind (I have a registered home based business).

Have any of you had a visit like this? And furthermore, does Daybreak have a no soliciting rule? They didn't leave a message or any information pertaining to who they were, and they didn't go to the next door down (they just drove off), so I'm perplexed and curious if anyone else has had a visit like this?

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/11/25 07:45 By lemonjenny.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Solicitors / Uninvited Visitors? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 12  
I'm with you LJ, that is creepy! Had they been from the city, a card would have been left.

Years ago a group of residents asked the HOA to post no soliciting signs at the main entry streets. It's a very common thing for HOA's to do in other areas. We were told the signs were not a "fit" for the look of the community (and yet look at the signs that grow here daily). The only thing the HOA will do is send out a community email if a resident let's them know about unscrupulous door to door vendors.

You can ask the person at the door if they have a SoJo license to conduct business in the city. If not, let the city know. Sadly, they won't do much either.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply