duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir actos online 45mg get rizact get 5mg cheap cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can diabecon can i get how online 60caps can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online Paint your door and enjoy. - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 430 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2512817
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Am I the only one upset about this $75 fee? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Am I the only one upset about this $75 fee?
bamazalea (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Am I the only one upset about this $75 fee? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1  
Just thinking about this makes me boil. $75 non-refundable fee to be able to submit your design changes. Hmmm.....I wanted to have my front door painted a different color. It cost a smidgen more to have it done than the design fee cost. Cancel that. Hubby was going to install railings on the front porch. Cancel that. We were considering building an arbor in the back come spring....and cancel that.

I can see $5, $10 or even $15 to help offset....No, wait! OFFSET WHAT? What are these fees going to? Aren't the people who are reviewing these designs on payroll or volunteering or elected?

I truly need someone to step in and educate me why we are getting charged this enormous fee to request an improvement for our home. I am hoppin' mad about it and maybe somebody can convince me otherwise.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Gratteau (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Am I the only one upset about this $75 fee? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1  
No your not the only one upset about it.

Scooterbrat (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Am I the only one upset about this $75 fee? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
Just another example of our HOA raking us homeowners over the coals.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Am I the only one upset about this $75 fee? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12  
I understand we do pay a stipend to some of the "professionals" that staff our review committee. I'm not sure why, the most movement I've seen from that group is rolling over.

IMHO, after reviewing the budget, the money they collect from the new fee is just another profit center. They need to support the staff raises for 2011. How many of you are getting raises this year? In addition we need to keep a flotilla of boats and staff at the lake at no charge to residents at a cost of 65k plus. We need a cool 100k+ to hire a special company to run the pool because our community manager wants someone to back us up in court if "something" happens. I'm thinking our attorney's can handle that if and when something does indeed happen. Statistically speaking we would save money using the attorney option.

Frankly, if our management company managed, collection of fines would be more efficient and we wouldn't need more than the $5, $10, or $15 offset. Fines come from people that choose not to follow the community rules. Those that follow the rules and submit the appropriate documents for an architectural approval are bearing the cost of bad management.

ThojeCasal (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Am I the only one upset about this $75 fee? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1  
I’m also displeased with the new fee and agree with the previous posts. I’m guessing that we will see two things as a result of the $75 fee. 1) Many improvements to looks and safety won’t be constructed because of the fee. 2) Others won’t submit for approval, they will just go ahead and make the changes they want without paying the fee and going through that step. I’m guessing that they will get away with it, especially when you see all of the other rules that are ignored.

jtb42 (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Paint your door and enjoy. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1  
The fine is probably less than the design review fee.

Go to top Post Reply