actos online 45mg get i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online rizact get 5mg cheap diabecon can i get how online 60caps albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest Re:Car broken into Sat - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 87 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2518157
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Car broken into Sat (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Car broken into Sat
spellbound76 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Car broken into Sat 14 Years ago Karma: 0  
Hello all. I'm not sure where else to post this. I'm renting a house here and have lived here only a week after moving from AZ. Discovered today that somebody broke into my car which was parked right in front of the house. Whoever did it broke the back small window, unlocked the door and stole a GPS unit out of the center console and an iPod car dock.

My guess is someone was scouting the car as I still have out of state plates, probably saw my moving truck, and my car hadn't been moved for 2 days. Really disappointed by this turn of events as this neighborhood seemed really safe, with all the people out walking and steady stream of street traffic. And I specifically bought the GPS for my move out of state. Luckily, I still have the orginal receipt and my insurance will reimburse the cost of it. Anyway, just wanted to let residents know to keep their eyes open.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/04/25 07:30 By spellbound76.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Car broken into Sat 14 Years ago Karma: 4  
Wow, what a crappy welcome. Nothing to make a person feel more violated than to be the victim of petty theft. As Mayberry as Daybreak might feel, you have to remember we are in an urban area of over 1 million people and are not immune from the associated crime. We had a rash of thefts a couple years back from cars being left in open garages. I think any car left on a street overnight is an easy target and one with anything of value inside is even better. In another city I had coworkers get windows smashed by street people looking for pocket change.

Thanks for the warning to be vigilant and look out for our things and each other. Sometimes we all need a reminder to have a little focus on crime prevention. I am just sorry you had to pay the price for that reminder. For what it is worth, Welcome to Daybreak! It is just too bad you had to be "greeted" in such a rude way.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Car broken into Sat 14 Years ago Karma: 12  
It's a shame you have to deal with all of that.

When the weather warms up in Daybreak we can expect a myriad of bad acts that the HOA doesn't talk about in the weekly update. Vehicle vandalism and thefts, property vandalism (local favorite is egging and graffiti), breaking and entering (several times the thief’s walked in the front door while residents were home). Daybreak has all the same threats you will find in most communities.

In one respect, Kennecott’s marketing works in that residents are lulled into a false sense of security in the community. The same Kennecott marketing that paints a picture of a Mayberry like place populated by people that can afford the home prices is very visible to everyone else in the valley. Those folks show up here thinking we will be an easier target than the folks in the avenues that have learned to lock everything and never leave items in cars or in sight on property.

We also have to remember, Daybreak is constantly under construction. Contractors and employees are all over the community daily. We don't know who these people are or what they do with their spare time. Many are day workers that are hired on the spot, no questions asked.

I'm not saying we are overrun with crime. We live in a regular community in 2010 where normal precautions should apply. Many residents in the older neighborhoods of Daybreak know most of this, but unfortunately, newcomers show up blinded by the glossy Kennecott marketing.

Robert (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Car broken into Sat 14 Years ago Karma: 2  
To monitor the crime in the area, go to http://www.crimereports.com/ and enter your address. In the last 30 days in Founders Village, there has been 5 thefts reported with one being a theft from a vehicle, and one sexual assault.

MarkyMark (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Car broken into Sat 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hate to be a punk about it but maybe someone didn't like that you were breaking the law. City ordinance doesn't allow on street parking for more than 24 hours at a time. Use your garage or be more considerate and don't break the law. In fact you should probably review the city code and ensure you aren't violating any other laws. The ones that bug me that I see all the time are trash cans, parking on the wrongs side of the street, jay walking, parking too far from the curb, unleashed dogs... I would never do anything other than report you to police but apparently other neighbors aren't so nice.

spellbound76 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Car broken into Sat 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
sorry to be so late in replaying to this, but the on street parking is news to me. It is difficult for me to park in the garage because I am renting a house with 3 other people. Therefore, 3 cars. I swap from week to week with one of them. Our landlady told us nothing of this when I asked about the parking situation. Many of my neighbors park on street for more than 24 hours. I don't see how this creates a problem for anyone. My car usually is gone when I'm at work, but on my days off, it usually is outside. Makes me wonder what else I wasn't told. When I asked for a copy of the HOA specifics, the landlady told me to use good judgement and that was it.

Go to top Post Reply