diabecon can i get how online 60caps buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy actos online 45mg get can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over rizact get 5mg cheap over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir Re:plowing trails - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 276 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2517789
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
plowing trails (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: plowing trails
mcgowans (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
plowing trails 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1  
Why are the trails around the lake not plowed??? I walk to work as part of the walkable community that Daybreak promotes, however after a storm like we recieved this weekend, its like a mountain hike. Once I crossed the bridge, I actually started walking the remainder of way to the office along the street (Daybreak Parkway) as I thought I'd rather walk in the traffic than continue to plow knee high in crusty, ice compacted snow any longer.

I realize we use the excuse that 'we like to keep the trails snow covered for xcrountry skiers and snowshoes', however in 3 years at Daybreak I am yet to see anyone actually doing this, and I also understand that not everyone lives in Eastlake and walks to work. However it would be nice for the trails to be plowed so people can enjoy a walk in the winter.

Couple of reasons we need to plow:
- What are the plans when the new Trax line is put in. People will be less likely to want to hike in the snow to get to the train station
- People would be more willing to walk to SoDa row if the trails are plowed
- If there are skiers/snow shoers, they can use either side of the trails
- with a 4 wheeler, it would not take long for someone to plow the perimeter of lake
- After a snow storm, the snow turns to crusty hard snow that takes forever to melt. Making the trails completely useless to everyone

thanks

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
hapafour (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:plowing trails 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0  
I completely agree. I actually thought about taking my snow shovel while I walked around the lake. That really would be a good workout! Just one shovel length would be sufficient. Half the trail for the cross country skiers and the other half for walk/runners. When I go out for walks I have to resort to the street because a good majority of sidewalks are not cleared. Why don't residents clear their sidewalks? It would be great to have year-round access to trails, especially around the lake.

jarmcguire (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:plowing trails 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4  
Plowed trails would be nice...but I don't want to pay the extra HOA fee to have the trails plowed.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:plowing trails 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 12  
jarmcguire wrote:
QUOTE:
Plowed trails would be nice...but I don't want to pay the extra HOA fee to have the trails plowed.

The HOA has been clear from the onset, trails won't be plowed. The cost associated is too high. For the most part you should be able to get anywhere in the community via sidewalk which residents are required to clear surrounding their home(expect they don't because they don't know the rules and the HOA doesn't enforce them). Commerical will be taken care of accordingly.

I was shocked to see several trails had been plowed after the recent storm. Wonder what that's going to cost???

Last Edit: 2009/12/15 21:39 By GirlInterrupted.
cindrelly (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:plowing trails 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0  
I always understood that trails aren't plowed to facilitate cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing. Has anyone tried it out?

Go to top Post Reply