actos online 45mg get duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest rizact get 5mg cheap albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i diabecon can i get how online 60caps Re:Sunday article in the Trib? Reactions? - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 76 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2518374
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sunday article in the Trib? Reactions? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Sunday article in the Trib? Reactions?
adacjw (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sunday article in the Trib? Reactions? 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1  
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9284071

Hi everyone, I thought this Sunday's trib article about the crumble of the Oquirrah Mountain West bench plan crumbling.

As I read the article I wondered what if any impact will this have on Daybreak. Is it a good thing, that KL can focus on realizing the vision of the community, rather than diffuse human resources and capital to launch the West Bench? Or is this a negative, in that you are playing hardball with a planning board, that you rely upon to get things done.

Also, what happens to the infrastructure planned (stores, trax, community services) if fewer people move to the west bench area?

Or is this just a greed play with the commodity prices of copper up almost 30% this year and a softening real estate market making copper a sure bet vs. real estate development.

Or, is this just the inability to KL and the local government reach a compromise, i.e. ineffective negotiations from both sides?

Other thoughts and reactions to the article?

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
LCast (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Sunday article in the Trib? Reactions? 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2  
I figure things will just slow down a bit. KL doesn't want to shoot its self in the foot because the mining won't last forever. Just like everything else (except gas) prices will go up and down. They will want to keep their land development options open. I'm kind of glad if things slow down. I would like to see the ski resort go in but I think having Daybreak as the only community of its kind (not brown boxes, sustainable, walkable, etc.) will help keep our home values up. I don't know how KL would structure other developments but I don't mind seeing Daybreak grow up a little more first. I think the master plan is still on the back burner but with the housing market slowing I think they are smart to slow a little too. I would if I were them.

Dave (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Sunday article in the Trib? Reactions? 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2  
Yup, I read it. How about the ranting in the comments section? Most seem like uneducated biased remarks made against a faceless gigantic corportation that has come to symbolize evil in modern society.
Hopefully, Daybreak will remain the "only child" and continue to get the focus it deserves to become the flagship for land development on the west side (I agree with LCast's comment).
I also think Kennecott/Rio Tinto is "greedy" or taking advantage of the natural resources they have/use/abuse. Probably the same decision I would make if I owned the company.
I'm still optimistic about Daybreak, and if enough people are the same, it will continue to be an example of sustainable development in an increasingly crowded sprawl of Salt Lake Valley.

willbyham (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Sunday article in the Trib? Reactions? 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
Yeah, those comments are ignorant for the most part. I don't think that people want to admit the fact that the salt lake valley is going to grow. I think the market will dictate how fast the west bench will develop and Kennecott will find a way around the county if it wants to.

Go to top Post Reply