can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i rizact get 5mg cheap cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online diabecon can i get how online 60caps albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest actos online 45mg get cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription Re:Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 230 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2509763
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a sa (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a sa
JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 14  
hilgi wrote:
QUOTE:
They really need to look at how other communities run things. Check out http://desertshores.org/ I almost moved there 20 years ago when it first opened, it was a great place.

Their lakeside pool is behind a community center and you need your community ID to enter. The beach is actually a pool that is next to but not connected to the lake.

If they keep taking the things that draw people to Daybreak and giving them to the city for public use, I don't see how they will sell the number of new homes they plan.

Interesting that you should mention Desert Shores... I lived in a neighboring community (that was often confused to be part of D.S. but we didn't pay the HOA fees...) when Desert Shores was still rather new (it's been 10 years now since I've lived there) While the community appeared to have it together, they were also known for putting up fences around their lakes to keep outsiders away. The result?? Nobody visited those lakes, not even those paying the HOA fees because it was such a hassel and nobody enjoyed being enclosed when visiting the lake. As for the lakeside pool... it is part of the lake but there is a bridge that seperates the main lake from the beach area but it is simply filtered lake water. I had visited it on a number of occassions growing up, and despite how it may seem to have been ideal, they still had their issues. My family chose the neighboring community instead of Desert Shores because of the numerous issues reported from the beginning... including the outrageous control the HOA had on the community which allowed neighbors to harrass other residents way beyond what we have seen in our community.
Yes, our HOA has issues, but so do all other communities. We are not alone in what we have all gone through.
BTW, for those of you who think Daybreak has speeding issues??? You couldn't pay me to walk across some of the streets in Desert Shores thanks to the wide streets and blind corners.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
hilgi (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 4  
Hi Just,

Thanks for the update on Desert Shores, I am sure all communities have problems. The bottom line for me is when you turn over major things like the lake to the city, you will have major problems.

Jetfire (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7  
hilgi wrote:
QUOTE:
Hi Just,

Thanks for the update on Desert Shores, I am sure all communities have problems. The bottom line for me is when you turn over major things like the lake to the city, you will have major problems.

As many have already mentioned, though, the lake has not been turned over to the city. The problem is KL's mismanagement and poor foresight.

hilgi (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 4  
Jetfire wrote:
QUOTE:
hilgi wrote:
QUOTE:
Hi Just,

As many have already mentioned, though, the lake has not been turned over to the city. The problem is KL's mismanagement and poor foresight.

JET,

I read on Heather Andersons site this from KL. "Formal agreements between South Jordan City and Kennecott Land anticipate that, similar to Calendar Square, Hillside and Sunrise Mtn Parks, the Lake and several future Daybreak parks and open spaces will be transferred to the City for management and maintenance. This means they will be open for everyone to enjoy." http://www.daybreakrealtor.com/?p=1168

That is not a good direction.

jarmcguire (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Hilgil,

When you purchased your home did nobody tell you that some of the parks & the lake would be turned over or have been turned over to the city?

When we bought our home in 2008, both our builder (Destination) and the workers at the information center told us that the parks and eventually the lake would be turned over to the city. Maybe we just asked the right questions, but I've never felt like anyone was trying to hid this fact.

hilgi (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
JARM,

We moved here from CA so we decided to rent here first to see if we can take the winters and see if Daybreak is what we thought it was.

I still hope they reconsider turning the lake over.

Go to top Post Reply