over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can diabecon can i get how online 60caps can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase actos online 45mg get cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir rizact get 5mg cheap can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription Re:Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 351 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2512936
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a sa (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a sa
scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a sa 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 22  
The Salt Lake Valley Health Department (SLVHD) informed Kennecott Land on Wednesday, September 16 that three confirmed cases of Ascariasis, known as roundworm, were reported on Tuesday, September 15. The individuals involved live in South Jordan and reportedly played in Oquirrh Lake during the summer months.

It is unknown at this time whether the individuals were exposed to the roundworm at Oquirrh Lake. Samples of the lake shore were collected by the SLVHD on Wednesday, September 16 to help determine whether the sand was the source. Roundworm eggs are typically introduced to soil through human fecal matter and do not commonly exist in Utah. Tests results are expected before the weekend.

Kennecott Land routinely tests the water quality of Oquirrh Lake consistent with the standards set forth by the Utah Department of Health for this type of lake. As a precaution, Kennecott Land closed Oquirrh Lake beaches on the same day we were notified. The beaches will be closed for the remainder of the season, which typically draws to a close in September.

Water quality testing results, by Kennecott Land, have been within acceptable levels. According to the SLVHD, Utah bodies of water are not routinely tested for this organism because of its rarity. For more information on symptoms and treatment:

* contact your physician
* visit http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/ascaris/factsht_ascaris.pdf
* call the SLVHD Division of Water Quality at 801-313-6700
* visit www.slvhd.org

Planners of the U.S Trisports Triathlon, scheduled for this Saturday, are evaluating alternative options for the swimming portion of the event. The race has not been cancelled and athletes are being notified today of race changes.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Dave (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a sa 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2  
Poop, literally.

jarmcguire (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a sa 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 4  
Well I think we all knew this would just be a matter of time - okay maybe not this exactly but something along these lines.

After all when for most of the summer no bathrooms were provided and people had to go somewhere not to mention the animals that get to wonder around the lake without a leash.

But I'm sure KL will sleep good at night because after all in tiny small print they did say no swimming!

Maybe this will get KL's attention and prompt them to act a little sooner now that the concerns aren't just those of us who live in Daybreak.

JessC (User)
Jess C.
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female coombsy10 Location: eastlake Birthdate: 1983-07-07
Re:Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a sa 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2  
I also think it was just a matter of time. With all the many outsiders bringing their entire HERD to hang out at the new... FREE.. hotspot.. it was only a matter of time. I hate to assume.. but my guess is filled diapers... overflowing trashcans... the poo has to go somewhere.

I think it is disgusting and makes my husband and I very frustrated that the families IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD are chased away from .. and now can't even use.. the beach created for THEM! arg... go find another free zone to pollute with your laziness people!

Dave (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
So, the question is, who are the 3 reported cases of roundworm? Can you imagine coughing up a worm, or even worse, swallowing it back down again, only to have it pooped out from someone else into your mouth (not directly, of course).

littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Kennecott Land closes Oquirrh Lake Beaches as a 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2  
Why am I not surprised? Between the animals and kids running around with inadequate diaper precautions, it was just a matter of time.

Go to top Post Reply