i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over rizact get 5mg cheap albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can actos online 45mg get over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i diabecon can i get how online 60caps to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 242 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2513955
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy.
MMKL (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male budbridgers@live.com Location: Santa Barbara, CA Birthdate: 1948-01-03
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
Excuse me for being one of the 'outsiders' making a comment here. My wife and I stopped to talk to the woman with the sign when we visited Daybreak for the second time to look at model homes. She was very nice, very complimentary of Daybreak in general, and was simply upset about an issue involving empty homes around her property (she referred to them as 'rentals'[?]) not being cared for. Even the woman we spoke to at the information center - an employee of Daybreak - said that she had a legitimate gripe.

Anyway, what we later found out to be a real shocker re: HOA issues was that the HOA fees for the Garden Village (55-plus) are projected to eventually be around $300. We were told that they would be around $100 to start but that as additional services (unspecified) were added, the HOA would be charging more - perhaps within three years.

Since the 55-plus Garden Village was the reason we became interested in Daybreak in the first place, this fee revelation plus the discussion with the woman at the round-about plus the Ivory Homes rep telling us that models for Garden Village were delayed (we had come all the way from CA because models were scheduled to be ready by late June) added up to a very discouraging day at Daybreak for us. You might say it 'broke our day'. (Sorry - very bad pun, but I couldn't resist.)

I have to admit, however, that I have never known a housing development of any kind that had an HOA that made everyone happy. Maybe it's going to take some time for Daybreak to find the right people/agency to do the job right.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 12  
Seems the lady on the hill won't be the lone protester in the near future. I just love to see grassroots groundswell against injustice! Kennecott Land can't just write off a part of Daybreak and not take responsibility for the problems they caused.

Look out Eastlake, once your area is done and KL moves on to the next and newer ideas, and the temple is no longer in the open house mode, they won't have time for you either.

It would have been so much easier for everyone if Kennecott/Rio Tinto just took responsibility for what they have done and not done in Founders. Isn't that what your taught as a child, take responsibility for your actions? What makes KL the exception to the rule?

Daybreak may be the great social experiment in suburban high density housing but that doesn't mean the community needs a ghetto to make it complete

lauramoncur (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female Pick Me! Location: South Jordan, Utah Birthdate: 1969-04-12
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: -1  
ghetto?

I don't think that word means what you think it means:

ghetto (n.) an impoverished, neglected, or otherwise disadvantaged residential area of a city, usually troubled by a disproportionately large amount of crime.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 12  
lauramoncur wrote:
QUOTE:
ghetto?

I don't think that word means what you think it means:

ghetto (n.) an impoverished, neglected, or otherwise disadvantaged residential area of a city, usually troubled by a disproportionately large amount of crime.

Gosh Laura, since I only majored in Education, and had the opportunity to teach some of those impoverished kids, I would not have known that had you not brought it to my attention. I believe signing up for word of the day is in order so I don't languish in vocabulary ignorance.

Lets see
impoverished; 8 evictions in 4 years for the homes surrounding me. Dead abandon cars owners can't afford to have towed. Piles of old furniture and TV's left on lawns and driveways for weeks as they are too lazy and don't have the funds to haul away.
neglected; Hhmm, guess you have to see it to believe it. I have more than enough photos of dead landscape,over grown grass, trees, weeds, etc,etc. I've been waiting four years for the columns and trim on the house across the street to be painted, still builder primer. I have 4 years of photos I'd be happy to share. The HOA has copies of all of them.
Crime; yup, have that too. Breaking and entering, theft, vandalism, visible drug use, and my all time favorite physical threats to residents.

It's great you love your little piece of Daybreak. But it's best to see the big picture before leveling judgment. In fact today would be a great day to visit our little end of Daybreak, commonly refered to as the "trailer park". The Green Court up the street is holding a yard sale and you can watch it from the couch somebody dumped by the mailbox down the street. The HOA took a picture, didn't talk to the residents or tell them to pack it up since it's against the rules. But I'm sure they will send a stern letter in the next few weeks after the people move.

As for Eastlake, change is on the horizon for that area. Kennecott, not our HOA, is spending thousands of dollars to keep abandon properties in order, planting flowers, and pulling weeds in parks. That money and care goes away when the temple open house is over.

Kennecott over sold Founders Village to investors, did not enforce the rules, did not take responsibility for the outcome, ruined our property value and now won't enforce compliance until a house is sold. They changed the enforcement rules just for our Village. Last time I checked, Founders was still part of Daybreak.

I'm sure the view from your front window or yard is just beautiful. How about exchanging lot's for a couple weeks and we will revisit your thoughts about our lovely community.

lauramoncur (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female Pick Me! Location: South Jordan, Utah Birthdate: 1969-04-12
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: -1  
I grew up in the slummy areas of West Valley City and just moved to the Founders Park area from Sugarhouse. Daybreak is gorgeous compared to either of those and West Valley is gorgeous compared to East Compton.

All I'm trying to do is shed a little perspective on your anger.

Additionally, all of the protesting and angry posts on the forum make the property values drop just as much as the neglect from KL and the HOA.

My driving value in these situations is, "What would I do if there was no HOA to complain to?" If I really hated the couch in my line of sight, I would haul it to the landfill myself.

As Buddha said, "Become the change you want to see."

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Again, being new here you don't have the big picture to judge from. I have hauled junk to the dump at my expense, sprayed and pulled weeds, mowed lawns, trimmed trees, turned on sprinklers, returned trash cans left out for days, paid more for a home in the promised land that never happened, religiously paid my HOA dues, volunteered time, picked up trash left by happy residents in the parks, closed neighbors doors so they aren't an open invitation to theft, called the police when sighting problems in the community. I have followed the rules, negotiated and worked with Kennecott for resolution. Now I'm at the final stage of acting to make that change.

I trust you will follow the great Buddha when these issues arrive in your neighborhood. His teachings have not worked in our area after 4 years.

Walk in my shoes before judgment. It's not Buddha, but I'm sure you will recognize the origin.

Last Edit: 2009/07/24 17:31 By GirlInterrupted.
Go to top Post Reply