advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to diabecon can i get how online 60caps cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy rizact get 5mg cheap cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can actos online 45mg get buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online Re:ITS TIME TO GET THE MEDIA OUT HERE!! - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 402 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2512238
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:ITS TIME TO GET THE MEDIA OUT HERE!! (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:ITS TIME TO GET THE MEDIA OUT HERE!!
deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:ITS TIME TO GET THE MEDIA OUT HERE!! 15 Years ago Karma: 4  
So what is wrong with your backyard? What specifically did they tell you is not meeting the covenants? Is it easily fixable at little or no cost or will it require a major re-do? You DO have control over the landscaping in your yard as long as it meets the landscaping requirements laid out in the covenants. You can change what already exists by submitting a landscaping design showing the changes to the DRC. I guess I don't understand your level of frustration unless the problem will take a lot of money to fix. If that is the case Holmes should be responsible for the changes since you paid them to landscape your backyard to code. If it is easily fixable and it was me, I would just do it and chalk it up to the "life's too short to worry about it" category.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:ITS TIME TO GET THE MEDIA OUT HERE!! 15 Years ago Karma: 2  
That makes sense- thanks for the specifics.

What is the deal with your yard? Seems to me Hamlet should be the one to fix the issue if they did the landscaping. I do think it is overkill to inspect backyards, though. That kinds bugs me, but it isn't something I am too worried about.

As for HOA issues . . . if the homeowners would all pay their dues like they are supposed to, I am guessing things would be a lot better financially and it wouldn't be as big of an issue. If we actually have 20% not paying their dues . . well then, of course there will be problems.

sentinel (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:ITS TIME TO GET THE MEDIA OUT HERE!! 15 Years ago Karma: 18  
Hamlet claimed to know the rules but they didn't. Many of the homeowners who bought in good faith have now been told their backyards are not compliant. The HOA and Hamlet are in negotiations on the situation and it appears that Hamlet will have to make things right. The best way to reduce stress over the HOA (and CCMC is incompetent) is to follow the stupid rules and keep abreast of what is happening in the community.

The Garden Affair has been announced over and over again in the HOA emails, in the recent Daytimes (waste of money) and in the enclosure with the quarterly billing, I think.

If you're not getting the obnoxious HOA emails call Tina and get on the list. Expect the Hamlet issue to be resolved but all landscaping must be compliant. Keep us updated on what your lawyer says, please.

JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:ITS TIME TO GET THE MEDIA OUT HERE!! 15 Years ago Karma: 14  
Be forewarned if you do get on the e-mails... Sentinel isn't kidding when he mentions that they are obnoxious. The garden affair e-mails were sent our just about everyday for 2 weeks. It was getting annoying having them clutter my email!
Good luck on your situation... this is one of the few times I've heard the HOA actually following through on anything!

luke (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:ITS TIME TO GET THE MEDIA OUT HERE!! 15 Years ago Karma: 0  
You must not be on the email list because we have known about the garden affair for two weeks. If your builder did not comply with the backyard landscaping backyard, then they have to fix it. We moved from a neighborhood with no HOA to this neighborhood because we actually like having yards monitored! Sorry, but I was so glad when they went around telling people to take down Christmas lights last spring/summer! Things like that bugged us so much in our last neighborhood! We also like the fact that people can't park their trailers and boats in the street. We had a guy park his big boat in front of our picture window all the time and when we kindly asked him to move it, he just laughed at us and just kept on parking it in front of our house. I would like to know what it is that you want to do in your back yard that they won't let you do. Maybe if it is something that the majority of the home owners agree with then we can try to get it changed for you!

apagett123 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:ITS TIME TO GET THE MEDIA OUT HERE!! 15 Years ago Karma: -14  
I guess what I am trying to say is not coming across as intended? My frustration is that as homeowners NO... we do not have a say so in regards to the landscaping in our yard UNLESS you submit your options to the BOARD. I actually agree with some of the landscaping requirements such as planting a tree, where with time the roots would not pose any damage to your neighbor or your property. I also actually agree with not allowing Sod to be placed to the shared fence line, helping avoid grass overgrow into anyone's yard. I am not talking about boats or RV’s where clearly they would be a violation if left parked in a street, Daybreak has a boat and RV storage available! Christmas lights...for crying out loud their Christmas lights!! Unless if your neighbor has them on 24/7 all year round then yes I can see where that becomes an issue and have you noticed our winters lately, a reasonable person would know to get them down if not then yeah call the HOA...whatever! I moved from a HOA run neighborhood where they were abusive in their power! They used negative harassment tactics, eventually leading to a neighborhood law suit and all of the great homeowners moving! I do not disagree with the HOA enforcing “REASONABLE” rules to avoid your neighborhood in deteriorating due to negligent homeowners. My frustrations are with feeling as if I have to go ask Mommy & Daddy permission to make improvements to MY PROPERTY! Especially, when my backyard is not shared and it's fully fenced! If I want to add a glass storm door in my front entry...I have to ask permission, if I want to build a "Pergola" I have to ask permission! If I decide to change the colors of my home, I have to ask permission and wait for 30 days!! To me that is BS!! I pay the mortgage, I live in it with my family, and the reason why I moved here was because I was led to believe that Daybreak would re-create the Charm and Uniqueness of the"Sugarhouse" neighborhood. HOA's are meant to work with the Community and keep the grounds such as the Parks, the Pools, the Courts beautiful and clean. I STRONGLY feel that they have NO right as to what you can and cannot do, in regards to Landscaping and minor improvements to your home. Now, if you want to build a second story or something that is going to complete change the face of your elevation, yes...that requires review and approval! The HOA should assist homeowners with issues that arise and listen to their concerns. Not make them feel inferior and with a sense that BIG BROTHER is watching to ding you with a Fine because your planter was the wrong color …or the shrubs you picked where not on the list of approved greens! Seriously!! IS THIS NOT AMERICA ANYMORE? PEOPLE BUY HOMES TO MAKE THEM THEIR OWN AND UNIQUE, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ASK PERMISSION IF YOUR IMPROVEMENTS ARE NOT APPROVED OF A BOARD WHO IS NOT PAYING YOUR MORTGAGE!

Last Edit: 2009/04/22 19:05 By apagett123.
Go to top Post Reply