to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy rizact get 5mg cheap can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription actos online 45mg get over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online diabecon can i get how online 60caps cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over Re:How liberal is the HOA with changes? - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 203 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2515871
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How liberal is the HOA with changes? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: How liberal is the HOA with changes?
lemonjenny (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
How liberal is the HOA with changes? 15 Years ago Karma: 0  
Hi everyone!

I'm getting ready to begin a home build in Daybreak, and I have a few things I'm very curious to learn from current homeowners (and future neighbors! Hi!). I know that the exteriors of our homes are all strictly designed to lend to the aesthetic appeal of Daybreak... but what if you want to change something? For example, add a railing on your porch, or paint the front door? I figure you have to get permission from the HOA... but I'm just wondering if any of you have tried it? Are they pretty good about approving small changes like that?

Also, I will be moving into a free-standing cottage home where I can fence off a small yard. If I want to plant perennials in my front & back yards, do I have to get approval for every single plant?

Just curious what everyones experiences have been regarding "personalizing" the exterior of your homes within the community guidelines...

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:How liberal is the HOA with changes? 15 Years ago Karma: 4  
As long as your changes fit the general architecture and look of the home, and fall within established guidelines (especially for fences and landscaping), there should not be a problem getting the changes approved. When you submit a landscaping plan there just needs to be a drawing of the size and location of planter beds showing the appropriate number of plants and shrubs. There are established guidelines for this, which is why the yards in Daybreak all have the same nice look. You don't have to get every plant approved. There is a list of suggested plants that are low-water use and heat tolerant that you can use to help you decide. We planted a few things not on the list and they haven't done well. Welcome to Daybreak! It is not all as bad as this board would make it out to be. Keep in mind people don't usually post on boards when they are happy about things.

littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:How liberal is the HOA with changes? 15 Years ago Karma: 2  
Welcome!

I love it here so far! The HOA has never rejected an requests for changes or improvements that my family has made, and our landscaping plan was more general i.e. you don't need to ask if you can plant a perennial in your front yard. As long as you follow the general plan, you should be fine. All of the rules and paperwork may seem overwhelming, but in reality it isn't that big of a deal for me.

Go to top Post Reply