can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i actos online 45mg get rizact get 5mg cheap advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription diabecon can i get how online 60caps to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over Re:Daybreak eliminates garbage pickup in alleys - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 191 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2515827
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Daybreak eliminates garbage pickup in alleys (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Daybreak eliminates garbage pickup in alleys
FlyingAce (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Daybreak eliminates garbage pickup in alleys 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8  
Once again, CCMC has eliminated another service on behalf of Daybreak residents. We received an email notification stating that Allied Waste will no longer pick up trash cans from the alleys during winter. Residents are now required to take their cans to the front of the house since Allied has been complaining about the snow in the alleys.

I'm not sure which annoys me more - the fact that I now have to drag two awkward garbage cans around the block twice a week or that CCMC has unilaterally agreed to a reduction in a service I am paying for without consulting anyone. If the City is not doing an adequate job of clearing the alleys, it seems that CCMC should start by trying to get them to live up to their obligations rather than giving into a service reduction on behalf of residents. I also can't help but wonder if this is just a way for Allied to stop alley garbage pickup altogether. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Daybreak eliminates garbage pickup in alleys 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2  
Seems to me if the city can't access the alley because of the snow, they they should do a better job of plowing and removing the snow.

I know in front of my house, the snow pack is even larger than in the alley! Pair that with slushy, frozen streets and the inevitable toppling of cans and blowing trash because of that, it sounds less than desirable. Ins't th is why we have ally-based access, anyway? And forget about cutting through the yard from the garage to the street- because of our mandated landscaping I would have to drag my cans over bushes and plants. Not only would that destroy the landscaping, but with their weight of a full can, I would need a team of people to move it through the snow.

I don't see how the street pick up will be much better, because at least on my street, the entire width is not plowed, just a strip down the middle- about the size of the alley. I simply cannot imagine trying to pull my garbage cans through the slush on a warm day, ice and snow on colder days, around the block every time it is trash day. And what about our residents that face a green space or a park? What are they to do?

There has to be a better solution. I know I will email the city, Allied, and our CCMC to let them know that this simply isn't feasible for many of our residents. I can maybe see this happening if we get dumped on every so often, but to have to do this every week seems extreme.

I wonder what they did last year? I wasn't living here yet, but from what I understand it was a very long and snowy winter. Anyone care to share last year's solution?

sam (Visitor)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
I was so surprised to see my garage picked up yesterday after receiving the email. Guess Allied was able to drive thru my alley afterall. (They have to since it's the exit out of the subdivision)

I don't think Allied, or City of SJ or CCMC or its contractor will do anything about it.

My suggestion is to have all the neighbors to pitch in and help clear the alley way. It's great exercise and when the weather is above freezing (32F), the ice's melting. If there's someone who's not capable due to physical constraint, it's time to be neighborly.

littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Sam, that's great about your pick up- maybe you won't have to move your cans after all. I think everyone pitching in to clear alley areas sounds great, I wonder if committing to that would make a difference to Allied's decision?

nylan (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Daybreak eliminates garbage pickup in alleys 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0  
Just for a bit of enlightenment. I have been arguing with the City for 2 years now about their lack of snow removal in my alley. I finally spoke with the director today and got quite an education.

Apparently Kennecott approached the city a few years back about snow removal in the alley ways. The City reluctantly agreed to do the service and Kennecott provided the equipment.

The problem really lies with the snow removal equipment provided by Kennecott. In four years the city has received exactly one 1 ton truck with a plow on the front for all of Daybreak. Not only is this the wrong type of equipment for removal in close quarters like our alleys, but there isn't enough of it. Additionally Kennecott as a developer apparently isn't paying normal impact fees. If there were impact fees, the correct type and quantity of equipment could be purchased by the city.

I haven't tracked down a contact at Kennecott yet, but I am working on it.

Just thought anyone reading this might be interested where the problem really starts and ends.

sam (Visitor)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
That's great insight.

Knowing Kenneoott, I best be grabbing my shovel and start digging.

When Kennecott will work with City of SJ to resolve this issue, it will be a cold day in Hack (quote Dilbert), and that probably means more snow/ice in my alley way. Ok, maybe that's a bit mean.

Go to top Post Reply