buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over actos online 45mg get prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy rizact get 5mg cheap albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can diabecon can i get how online 60caps advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to Re:Fire Alarm Concern - where to turn???? - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 248 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2515883
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fire Alarm Concern - where to turn???? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Fire Alarm Concern - where to turn????
sharkeez (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fire Alarm Concern - where to turn???? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1  
We live in a Carriage Condo. There are 3 units to each building, all tied into one fire alarm panel located in a locked closet on the outside of the building. There is a beeping coming from the panel, probably a low battery warning alert. When we purchased last year, the builder told us the Fire Dept is the only ones with keys to access this closet.

Dec 24, I called South Jordan Fire Dept, no answer. I called South Jordan Fire Chief, and got voicemail. I called Riverton Fire Dept, they said they didn't know what to say but to call 911 and let them deal with it. It wasn't an emergency, but I did as instructed. The dispatcher called back and said South Jordan Fire Dept has no idea what I'm talking about and will not come out to investigate. Then the dispatcher located Daybreak's outsourced Security service and asked them to pay me a visit. The security officer came over and looked at the door to the closet with a puzzled look on his face. He didn't have a key that worked, and apologized that he couldn't help. He advised that I call the HOA office after the holidays.

We were reluctant to leave our house overnight with our cat inside. If there was a fire, would the sprinklers and alarm work? Would the fire dept be notified? Should I bust down the damn door myself and install a new battery?

So last week I got in touch with the HOA office, they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. I left a message for the Operations Manager and have not heard back. The lady who answered the phone said she would send someone out to look at it or call me back.

It's been 12 days listening to this annoyingly loud beep coming from the garage. Tomorrow if I don't hear back, I'm breaking down the door myself and leaving it up to the HOA to pay for damages.

Just thought I would share my concern and frustration with my fellow daybreakers. We love this community but can't stand listening to our noisy neighbors through Holmes' paper-thin walls. The moment we can sell or rent our place out, we're gone. Hopefully we'll stay in Daybreak, but without sharing a wall again. I've lived in quieter apartments.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Fire Alarm Concern - where to turn???? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4  
This may be a shot in the dark, but maybe you could try calling Holmes. They built the places, maybe they will know who has the key.

sharkeez (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Fire Alarm Concern - where to turn???? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1  
thanks.. they are hearing from me today anyway.. I'm just never nice when I call them.

kwm03160 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Fire Alarm Concern - where to turn???? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0  
I used to live in Ivy Springs in West Jordan (similar floor plan to the Carriage homes). We got the same "story" from Holmes, that only the Fire Dept. has the keys. At Ivy Springs, there is a box on one of the street lights that hold the keys (supposedly). I don't think Holmes will help you with the key issue (especially if you talk with Lea).

I don't know if you tried this, but you may want to contact Dave Dansie, the fire marshal for South Jordan. His phone number is 254-0948 (ddansie@sjc.utah.gov). Since he inspected the sprinkling system, you think he would know where the keys are??

Hang in there - there is life after living in a Holmes Home (at least the townhomes). It's interesting, because they tout how well-built their homes are, yet the cost-cutting is evident.

Best of luck to you. Hopefully, you will be able to stay in Daybreak!! I ended up buying a foreclosed home in Eastlake Village.

Last Edit: 2009/01/06 02:56 By kwm03160.
Retired (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Fire Alarm Concern - where to turn???? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3  
Usually their is a problem with the flow control valve.Hope it is a false alarm. When they flow they do a lot of damage ( water ) Frozen pipes will trigger this too.

JessC (User)
Jess C.
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female coombsy10 Location: eastlake Birthdate: 1983-07-07
Re:Fire Alarm Concern - where to turn???? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2  
Shark... I live in a parkside holmes home... and get the same condo/townhouse feel. We hear our neighbors tv at night in our bedroom. These are single family homes... not connected, not touching, with SPACE in between. Our neighbors are loud people anyway, but the noise feels like I am in the action film that they seem to be replaying. We love daybreak as most people (do as is shown by the cult like love that is professed about the neighborhood)... BUT I completely agree about the cutting corners on some of the "cost effective" construction techniques. My husband and I are looking into a rainey.... at least you'll know where the fire alarm access is.

Go to top Post Reply