buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir rizact get 5mg cheap albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy actos online 45mg get over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy diabecon can i get how online 60caps Re:The snow has arrived.... - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 411 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2493281
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:The snow has arrived.... (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:The snow has arrived....
deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:The snow has arrived.... 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4  
littleash wrote:
QUOTE:
I was under the impression that single family homeowners cleared their own walks no matter what. However, in the past week our sidewalk on our street was cleared. (What a nice surprise!)

Sounds like someone got a new snowblower!

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
luckyfish (User)
graphgraph
Re:The snow has arrived.... 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 11  
The history is that the HOA clears sidewalks near parks (not the walking trails), green courts, townhouses (no matter what they're called) and areas where there are no houses abutting the sidewalks (i.e. the lake and the weed field near the DCC). The HOA has sent out emails and postings to that effect. It takes days, sometimes.

Homeowners must (per HOA rules and city codes) shovel their own sidewalks within stated time frames. Questions can be directed to the HOA at 254-8062;Shirley can answer your questions. If your sidewalk, miraculously, got cleaned it was a kind neighbor.

Every now and then, when I'm out plowing and see someone struggling with walkways, I'll stop and pitch in but I have more time than sense, I suspect. Many folks help out those around them. It's a Daybreak thing.

JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:The snow has arrived.... 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 14  
Littleash - snowfall amounts is only one consideration when comparing cities. Most of our snow hits in the mountains and benches, and temps can greatly affect why many cities have more plows and salt and sand more often. While we're lucky enough that it warms to above 32 degrees on most winter days, that also brings ice. No amount of salt or sand is going to cut through the amount of ice that develops (the cities explain this every year since all it does is keep repeating the thaw-freeze cycle over and over again) and is unrealistic to ask a city to attempt to do so. As for the plows... I've yet to see them not make it within 48 hours. Once again, the ice build up, and cars parked on the street prevent them from keeping our streets clear. Ultimately, the roads are driveable and that is their priority.

As for it taking 2 hours to get downtown, that isn't always about the snow. Unfortunately many utah drivers "forget" how to drive in winter conditions every year.

Jess - I agree... it seems they were right on top of the parks but completely forgot about the homeowners that do pay for the service of snow removal. Hopefully there haven't been any bad slips yet and they come take care of it before anybody gets hurt!

littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The snow has arrived.... 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2  
Well, I am fully aware of freezing and thawing in winter, snowfall was just one example of how Utah is not as unique re: weather as some may think. And as for the commute, there were cars sliding all over the road. Salt and sand would definitely help that situation since the salt would help melt the ice and the sand would provide traction.

I still think it is reasonable to expect safe driving conditions from the city. It just comes down to the fact that I have been disappointed with the treatment of winter roads thus far in comparison to other wintery locations that I have lived in.

Jenniferstephens (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female lilyandjacksmommy@hotmail.com Location: daybreak Utah! Birthdate: 1978-07-26
Re:The snow has arrived.... 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -3  
I had to laugh and say thanks to the man the other day who did get his new ATV with attached show plow attachment. He was driving all over the neighborhood plowing everyone's sidewalks. He even salted some pretty icey spots..... not even on his property. WHAT A NICE NEIGHBOR! When he drove past my green court when I was unloading groceries, I asked him if he worked for "daybreak HOA", he commented "no, you think they would hire me!?" He then helped my put my groceries on my porch! What a kick butt neighbor!
The HOA show removal employees did not come clear the green court when the first snow attack hit a few days ago, but they did come yesterday, and the young man was very nice, he even dropped his plow and cleared the HUGE walk way I have going from my porch to the side walk. I was very impressed and rather shocked by that! Last year this would never have happend! This year, we have great helpful neighbors,and a good snow remover from the HOA! Keep it up!!

Last Edit: 2008/12/19 07:28 By Jenniferstephens.
littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The snow has arrived.... 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2  
Wow, that is wonderful!

Go to top Post Reply