can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online diabecon can i get how online 60caps to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy rizact get 5mg cheap buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i actos online 45mg get i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can Re:Rio Tinto to cut 14,000 jobs, selling assets - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 199 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2510110
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Rio Tinto to cut 14,000 jobs, selling assets (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Rio Tinto to cut 14,000 jobs, selling assets
deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Rio Tinto to cut 14,000 jobs, selling assets 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4  
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081210/bs_nm/us_riotinto_7

I wonder how this will affect KL? It suddenly looks like Rio's deep pockets are empty.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
narae (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Rio Tinto to cut 14,000 jobs, selling assets 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2  
I read that this morning and wondered the same thing. Seems that shiny new building might be empty soon...

The downturn in the economy is affecting so many levels, kind of scary.

sam (Visitor)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Rio Tinto to cut 14,000 jobs, selling assets 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2  
Kennecott focused on KL several years ago when copper price is in the dump and they were about to abandon the KC part of the business in another 10 decades. They focus on Daybreak and other possible project (while the housing market is red hot in UT)

Then the commodity market skyrocketed, and copper's price jumped like 400% and their focus is on KC, not KL.

Now, both the copper price is in the dump (low demand) and housing market is just as bad. I wonder what Kennecott (or Rio Tinto) will be focusing on next.

luckyfish (User)
graphgraph
Re:Rio Tinto to cut 14,000 jobs, selling assets 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11  
Gee, maybe the echo-ing hallways of the Rio Tinto building will yield enough space for the HOA to have an office, there.
It would save us $72,000 a year + utilities + security system costs + storage costs for party favors + DSL costs, etc. I can't think of a reason why that can't happen...

Go to top Post Reply