albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over diabecon can i get how online 60caps rizact get 5mg cheap cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy actos online 45mg get over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i Re:home appreciation rate for daybreak - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 147 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2518352
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:home appreciation rate for daybreak (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:home appreciation rate for daybreak
LCast (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:home appreciation rate for daybreak 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2  
Scoop,

Why the driveway and not the ally? Is that proven to add value or just your personal preferance? I'm wondering because I know several people like myself who prefer the alley because we hate looking at garages and we have more "usable" yard that is not in the front of the house under concrete. Also, driving gymnastics are not required to use a 3 car garage. We also love the added space between us and rear neighbors that the alley provides. We would all be willing to pay more for that. I'm sure not everyone feels the same. And that is why I ask.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:home appreciation rate for daybreak 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 22  
I am not sure about the true value the driveway factor, I just have been told my some realtors and brokers that since there are less homes with driveways they tend to have a faster sell rate. And the 3 car garage factor is bacause the 2 car garages are more like 1.5 car garages so the bigger the garage (3 car) the better.

LCast (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:home appreciation rate for daybreak 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2  
I agree about the skimpy garages. The house we rented while building was a Holmes home and its "2" car garage was so short our mini van had to pull in at an angle. Crazy! I think our 3 car garage now is generously sized. Interesting side note: With our house the alley load had the 3rd bay as standard but with the street load it was an upgrade.

Last Edit: 2008/05/23 21:48 By LCast.
cindrelly (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:home appreciation rate for daybreak 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
Only from my own personal observation of the market last year comparing "older" homes in Founder's Village (and new ones in Eastlake) it seems that lot size is a HUGE factor in determining house price, and resale value, in Daybreak. Homes with comparable square footage were priced considerably lower with smaller lots--especially those with 0.07 acres in the Parkside Homes. And the super small lots didn't seem to be selling very well--sitting for sale for months in a still-hot market. Maybe the concept of "shared yard" wasn't catching on very well to resale buyers. But with this new market where cheaper homes are selling better than more expensive ones, maybe things have changed.

Since all the homes in our price range in Founder's Village seemed to be trashed rentals with goofy floor-plans, poorly finished basements, and unfinished yards--we opted for the biggest lot size we could afford in Eastlake (and a 2.5 garage with additional parking pad, incidentally). I don't think the front-entry garage makes much of a difference with resale. If people are looking in Daybreak, they're buying into the whole concept of porches out front, garages in back.

Go to top Post Reply