albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i actos online 45mg get prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy rizact get 5mg cheap i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can diabecon can i get how online 60caps Re:Near miss with a cop in the roundabout - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 310 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2515835
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Near miss with a cop in the roundabout (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Near miss with a cop in the roundabout
Shycheerleader (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Near miss with a cop in the roundabout 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1  
Coming home last night I was appalled to be tailgated up Daybreak Parkway by a SoJo Police car. I was going as fast as my two little Fred Flintstone feet could go but he insisted on tailing me. (The speed limit is 45 and I don't think I hit 46 for fear of him pulling me over.)

Once I was nearing the top of the hill, I let off the gas and he pulled into the right lane (no signal, of course). I started to slow because it is hard for me to see cars coming from the left in the roundabout over the bridge and the last thing I needed was to slam on my brakes with this cop next to me.

An SUV was making its way around the turn and I stopped to let him/her go by. To my surprise, Mr. SoJo Police Officer did NOT slow down. He did NOT stop and even proceeded to pull in FRONT OF this poor person who had the RIGHT OF WAY!

I sat shocked and in disbelief thinking, what the heck was he doing that he wasn't able to pay attention for something I for sure would have received a ticket had I done it.

He then pulled over to the side of the road right on the bridge heading to East Lake which forced the SUV to have to go around him.

I was horrified to then see this "cop" put on his lights and pull over the SUV to the side of the road!!!! Un-freakin-believable! I am SO angry with myself that I did not go around to stand up for this poor SUV driver. The only thing I can hope is that the cop pulled him/her over to apologize for being an absent-minded driver.

If you are or know the person who was in the SUV, I am more than happy to give a statement as to what I saw. If you got a ticket, it was completely unfounded. You had the right of way. You were not speeding and unless you weren't wearing your seatbelt, there was no reason for you to be pulled over. Not to mention, I don't see how he'd be able to see if you weren't wearing a seatbelt because he was too freakin' busy not following the rules!

I know people make mistakes. Heck, we all do. But seriously. If you're a cop, you need to be vigilant about following the rules you're going to ding me on if I don't.

If you are the cop, shame on you for not paying attention. Also, please let your fellow cop friends know that parking on the sidewalks to pull over speeders in Daybreak is NOT ALLOWED!!! Come on!

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ThojeCasal (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Near miss with a cop in the roundabout 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1  
Personally I think that the cop was out of line but, the SUV did not have the right of way. The traffic code was carefully written to tell you when you must yield to others, but does not give those others the right of way. Right of way is reserved for emergency vehicles, like cop cars.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Near miss with a cop in the roundabout 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 12  
ThojeCasal wrote:
QUOTE:
Personally I think that the cop was out of line but, the SUV did not have the right of way. The traffic code was carefully written to tell you when you must yield to others, but does not give those others the right of way. Right of way is reserved for emergency vehicles, like cop cars.

The officer did not have his lights on when taking the right of way from the SUV. At least that's what I understand from the narritive. If the officer is going to take right of way, especially in a manner that might be dangerous, his lights had to be on or his siren used to warn traffic.

Shycheerleader (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Near miss with a cop in the roundabout 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1  
I apologize. I should have clarified. The cop did NOT have his lights on. He was entering the round about just like I was and should have yielded to the SUV who had the right of way as all traffic must yield to traffic already IN the roundabout.

People who misunderstand what a yield sign means are the reason why there was an injury accident yesterday at the round about off of Oakmond. It takes two seconds to slow down and follow the rules and a lifetime of regret to pay for something that could have so easily been averted.

Had the officer had his lights on, I wouldn't have made the rant.

Last Edit: 2010/06/07 13:20 By Shycheerleader.
spellbound76 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Near miss with a cop in the roundabout 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
What is with the cops through here? My roomies had a cop do the same thing to them when they turned on 104. Then the cop acted like he was going to park, pulled back out and kept it up. Not to mention the headlights were off. When my roomie got on our street, she then encounted another cop coming towards her with the headlights off as well. I saw one several weeks ago around 1 am driving around with no lights and I even saw a cop walking around patrolling the street with a flashlight around the same time of morning. Since I'm new here and to UT, is this something the Daybreak area does? I'm not sure whether or not to feel relieved or worried that cops are patrolling the area.

Shycheerleader (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Near miss with a cop in the roundabout 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1  
Spellbound,

I don't want to give the wrong impression that I don't appreciate what the officers do for the residents of South Jordan. I was more upset with the way this particular officer handled himself and then created a danger to the people he's sworn to protect and serve.

I'm sorry to hear about your recent interaction but think you should feel relieved they are patrolling our neighborhood. I'm not sure why they're driving with their headlights off although the lights I was referring to were his emergency (red and blue) lights.

If you have a concern, contact the SJPD for more information. You can call the NON-emergency phone number during normal business hours: (801) 254-4708

Go to top Post Reply