can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online actos online 45mg get cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir diabecon can i get how online 60caps albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can rizact get 5mg cheap can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy Re:NO Privately Owned Canoes Allowed on Oquirrh Lake! - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 144 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2518078
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:NO Privately Owned Canoes Allowed on Oquirrh Lake! (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:NO Privately Owned Canoes Allowed on Oquirrh Lake!
ThojeCasal (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
NO Privately Owned Canoes Allowed on Oquirrh Lake! 13 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 1  
To better control the lake this year, KL is requiring all privately owned canoes and such to be registered before being placed on the lake. Mine was registered recently and it required signing a rules sheet. One of the rules goes like this: The only authorized launch point for watercraft is the marina. So, in this walk able community, we are required to put our canoes on top of the truck and driver to the marina, where there is no parking, and launch. That includes those of us who live within a few hundred feet of the East Lake boat dock. (Until today a neighbor and I have always wheeled our canoes to the dock on dollies, no gas burned.)

Failure to obey this rule results in removal of all amenity privileges for a year. I read this as a back door way to remove private boats from the lake. It really irritates me that the family across the street parks their cabin cruiser on the street for weeks at a time, leaves garbage cans on the street all week, shoots off fireworks, and their kids ride ATVs up and down the sidewalk. Yet they won't lose any of their privileges. Meanwhile, if I launch a Daybreak registered canoe from the boat dock …

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sentinel (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:NO Privately Owned Canoes Allowed on Oquirrh Lake! 13 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 18  
Have you contacted the HOA or the city about the events you described? It would help out us all who live here and abide by the rules. As to the practice regarding boats, it is a symptom of the Kennecott myopia.

scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:NO Privately Owned Canoes Allowed on Oquirrh Lake! 13 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 22  
this made me laugh...sorry...yeah it is pretty lame, they should have at least 3 or so launching areas, the marina could be the drive up area, and the other two areas should be walk up areas. I understand they don't want every clown in SLC launching boats anywhere they want, however I totally get the waling community point.

If KL wants to promote a walking community they should have thought about this, and I doubt they just defered this to the HOA, and we all know the HOA is useless and only hinders the community...

JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:NO Privately Owned Canoes Allowed on Oquirrh Lake! 13 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 14  
Thoje, I think I've seen you out quite a bit last year with your canoe! My husband wanted a dolly like you have until I had to remind him we have slightly further to go and I'm not pulling it! Not to mention we don't currently even own a canoe! LOL!
Sentinel... I've contacted the HOA about events such as what has been described. Common response... "We're working with them". Can't figure out how you "work with" someone who is breaking the rules but whatever. The HOA seems intent on punishing those who actually try to follow the rules that they have established! However, the street parking is usually quickly responded to by the SJ police. I hear they are pretty stern on the ATV's in the streets and fireworks too... might be worth a shot to try calling the city to find out more on those issues Thoje.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:NO Privately Owned Canoes Allowed on Oquirrh Lake! 13 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 12  
JustMe wrote:
QUOTE:
I've contacted the HOA about events such as what has been described. Common response... "We're working with them". Can't figure out how you "work with" someone who is breaking the rules but whatever.

It's a closely guarded secret process that we pay a great deal of money to have CCMC implement. Kinda the community secret recipe for mediocrity and non-performance. Works great for the folks that park a boat and don't give a damn. Not so much for the people that moved here so they wouldn't have to put up with Jed Clampett and the fam.

sentinel (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:NO Privately Owned Canoes Allowed on Oquirrh Lake! 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 18  
Wait until they start ticketing golf carts, Just.

Go to top Post Reply