i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase actos online 45mg get rizact get 5mg cheap buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy diabecon can i get how online 60caps can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest Re:Average Daybreak resident income? - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 388 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2517356
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Average Daybreak resident income? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Average Daybreak resident income?
JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Average Daybreak resident income? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 14  
narae - while I do agree that South Jordan is a pretty affluent place, that average still doesn't support the prices that the shops are charging. I was shocked at the prices at the childrens boutique, and you can bet that you won't find me buying anything for my baby there whether I can afford it or not! and the Gelato? No thanks, I'll head to the district. It was my impression that SoDa row was meant to be a place we would all walk to and shop at. So far the only place I've heard anybody say they would visit regularly is the mexican restaurant (if they maintain the same pricing as their other location).

And Davix- there are 6 banks that I know of less than a mile outside of daybreak. Even so, one was originally planned for Soda row, haven't checked lately to see if it still is. I agree on the library though... even a small bookstore would be nice although it would probably also be overpriced!

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
jarmcguire (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Average Daybreak resident income? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4  
Zion's Bank is still suppose to open in the Village Center, I think they are saying they will open in 2010.

If the Mexican restruants pricing stays the same I can see my family going there. I also hope the dry cleaner is cheaper than Red Hanger and some of the other somewhat local cleaners.

I have heard that Black Diamond's rates aren't too much higher than other gymnastic places

narae (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Average Daybreak resident income? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
Justme, I was simply answering a question that was posed as to the income level. Just stating fact. I wasn't making any making any inferences to the prices in SoDa row. I personally don't know what the prices at the business that are opening will end up being. The only store that is open is a childrens store which doesn't fit my needs at the moment, so I wont be shopping there at all. I am, however, going to reserve judgment as to wether I will frequent the remaining businesses until they actually open and see for myself the prices of ALL of the items on offer.

Sorry to have inadvertantly offended you.

sentinel (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Average Daybreak resident income? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 18  
Narae, I don't think any offense was offered or taken. The impression I'm getting from this short thread is that Kennecott is still using the same plan for SoDa which they developed 4 years ago when they envisioned a much more affluent populace. The demographics have "morphed" into a great mix of incomes and interests but the "niche" business concept is still stuck in the Avenues-based pricing. I don't see anything affordable and interesting enough (except the Yoga studio) to fequent, YET. S

pmfoster (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Average Daybreak resident income? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
I think the pricing is appropriate all things considering. Small shops have a very hard timecompeting with big box chains; they are forced to charge a higher price than your local (insert chain here) because they don't have the capital and recourses to be cheaper. I would rather have individual local shops charge a higher rate than brining in some big box chain, in my opinion.
I think SoDa row will be a great place when all is said and done. I think it is in everyone’s best interest to shop there. And from what I have seen, the prices at the baby boutique are in line with other similar stores around the valley. But it won’t ever be as affordable as Babies'r'us. I think we have all been spoiled with the large retailers prices.

JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:Average Daybreak resident income? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 14  
Narae - as sentinel said, no offense was offered or taken. Nor was my entire comment directed entirely at you but at the general conversation. Obviously that is one of the downfaults of a board... easy to misconstrue what is being said. =)
Keeping on topic, I was simply referring to the fact that regardless of what the income level is or isn't, I believe from what I've seen that the shops are out of touch with what myself and my neighbors are willing to spend. I do hope they survive since it adds to our community, however I don't see it happening. Granted, I've only seen prices for the childrens store (which is more in line with Janie and Jack and Gymboree's pricing... 2 higher end childrens stores that I'm more likely to choose over the boutique at Soda row) and the gelato shop.
With the state of the economy, everbody is much more budget concious and I don't see that reflected in the shops at this point. Once again, as sentinel pointed out, they are still stuck in the vision from 4 years ago where not only were they envisioning a more affluent populance, but in general money flowed more freely.

Go to top Post Reply