advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest diabecon can i get how online 60caps can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir actos online 45mg get i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase rizact get 5mg cheap Re:How to clean the hair trap in the tub - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 312 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2493165
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How to clean the hair trap in the tub (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: How to clean the hair trap in the tub
lauramoncur (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Pick Me! Location: South Jordan, Utah Birthdate: 1969-04-12
How to clean the hair trap in the tub 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -1  
I've never had a tub drain like the ones in this house. I figured since we all have similar homes, maybe one of you can tell me how to clean hair out of the tub drain (or prevent it from going down in the first place). At my house in SLC, the hair just collected at the drain and was easy to clean out, but with this thing, the hair goes down the drain and is starting to make the tub drain slowly.

I tried unscrewing the little nobbin at the top of the drain, but that didn't seem to help me remove the hair that MUST be collecting down there.

Any of you long-timers have any hints for me. I Googled it, but even eHow let me down.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:How to clean the hair trap in the tub 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 14  
My mom found a handy contraption at the home depot (I typically go to Lowes and unfortunately they do no have it...). Anyways, she said its only a few bucks and is more or less a piece of wire with hooks on it. I think she's used this little contraption for every drain in her house, and even her carpet cleaner! Anyways, if that doesn't work, I just bought the new draino they had been advertising that gets rid of hair and that worked great for me. One of these days I'll get over to Home Depot to find that contraption though (she found it at the Home Depot near here as well so I'm assuming they still sell it!).

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:How to clean the hair trap in the tub 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 12  
I've seen two contraptions, one is a drop in basket and the other looks like a big fish hook for hair. Fish hook is not for the faint of heart or easily grossed out if left to long between cleanings. You can go to Petco and get a plastic drain cover for use when bathing your dog. It works well and comes in cool colors.

I have a scheuled Drano day. Every 4 months I make the rounds and treat every drain in the house. So far, so good.

lauramoncur (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female Pick Me! Location: South Jordan, Utah Birthdate: 1969-04-12
Re:How to clean the hair trap in the tub 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -1  
JustMe and GirlInterrupted,

Thank you so much! We found a drain snake at Lowes in the plumbing section called Zip It! that unclogged the drain. Apparently, some bath sponge went down the drain and was catching everything else on the way. I guess I don't need to blame my own personal hairiness on the clog.

Hopefully, it will be smooth sailing from here on out!

Thanks again!

Go to top Post Reply