albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over actos online 45mg get can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy diabecon can i get how online 60caps rizact get 5mg cheap Re:Help a change is needed.... - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 275 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2518198
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Help a change is needed.... (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Help a change is needed....
scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Help a change is needed.... 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 22  
after the poor showings of the Daybreak Campout and the Huntsman Cancer Fundraiser do you think its about time CCMC get a clue and make the change Daybreak residents have been waiting for before the Daybreak Programs/Activities are run into the ground.

Its time to hire a Daybreak homeowner who has experience and knows how to coordinate and run a Activities Program. We need a Daybreak homeowner to put the community feel back into the Activities...

CCMC needs to get a clue...

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
luckyfish (User)
graphgraph
Re:Help a change is needed.... 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11  
It took a real estate downturn (deleting the money which the Programs staff used to develop the events) to bring about what most of us really knew - the "feed 'em and they will come" theory is really true. Community spirit doesn't spring from free food and outside, overpriced entertainment but from neighborhood involvement and front-porch interactions. CCMC get a clue?...not today or anytime soon with the "head-in-the-sand" approach which pervades some of the staff.

kdudley (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Help a change is needed.... 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3  
I agree a change is needed. The HOA is out of touch. They do not really know what it takes to forge community. I know with my involvement of the Wizard of Oz they were very resistant to stepping back and letting the homeowners take charge and even though the event was very successful, they have declined to involve the "Daybreak community" in another production.

The Huntsman 5k was doomed this year from the beginning. The people who made it successful in the two years prior grew weary of the politics involved to put an event on and left the committee.

In all the cases, it is not just the lifestyle director who is failing in an attempt to promote community. She is really a reflection of the management who gives her cues. It comes down to money and liability. When we defer the the above it is almost impossible to build community. Our homeowners have plenty of energy and we miss out on the oppotunity to grow real community because CCMC is a machine with its own interests.

Jenniferstephens (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female lilyandjacksmommy@hotmail.com Location: daybreak Utah! Birthdate: 1978-07-26
Re:Help a change is needed.... 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -3  
I agree, the events have just gone down hill over the past year and a half I have lived here. The community needs one of their own to do the job, and make it fun! Why pay someone over $75,000 a year to sit around and plan cruddy events that have no hope to succeed. The Luau last year was really fun. My kids had a blast playing on the bounce houses, eating a snow kone, watching the hula dancers. It was a fun family event. They did a good job at keeping track who had already eaten etc etc. I think the community should focus on entertaining ourselves. Host block parties, halloween trunk or treat party, progressive dinner (where you have a multi course meal and go to a different house for each course). neighborhood chili cook off, country fair style events such as bake off's.... food eating contests, face painting etc etc. We dont need to hire fancy caterers to have fun. Let the residents provide pot luck food, and entertain ourselves. I am sure we have residents here who are artists who would paint some faces, women who love to cook (ME ME ME), men who would love a turkey bowl touch football tail gate party. Together as a community, WE CAN DO IT, we dont need Tina and her "staff"

don (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male donlamoureux O4 Rocks! don@leadstreams.com Location: South Jordan of course! Birthdate: 1966-12-15
Re:Help a change is needed.... 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3  
I am not sure that losing the current staff and hiring a resident to run the activities would work because they would still be under the thumb of the HOA. As residents, we need to take the initiative and plan the events with or without the HOA support. Kevin's project with the theater is a great example of the kind of participation possible. I would love to do a job like that, but I would never submit myself to the rule of the HOA. I would want to be accountable to the people of the community. Maybe the community should form a committee and select an activities director. $$ support would be an issue if they were to be full time, but the discussion needs to be made.

JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:Help a change is needed.... 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 14  
Speaking of a turkey bowl... my husband talks about doing one every year but we don't know enough people to pull one off so if anyone is up for it this year, there is at least one person I know that would love to play!

Go to top Post Reply