advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest actos online 45mg get cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir rizact get 5mg cheap diabecon can i get how online 60caps i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 179 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2516943
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K
don (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male donlamoureux O4 Rocks! don@leadstreams.com Location: South Jordan of course! Birthdate: 1966-12-15
Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3  
I guess it is confirmed then. That's too bad. I was involved with the first one, and couldn't be at the second due to other commitments, but the reports were good. This is another great event that has been minimized dramatically. Do we really need two full time staffers to administer the current calendar we have now? The "summer celebration" was completely lame.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 12  
kdudley wrote:
QUOTE:
Those of us who were involved in the first two hoped it would become more as well. Seems a little community apathy killed the run.

Apathy spreads quick and reaches deep. Since CCMC and Kennecott display a remarkable amount of apathy it was only a matter of time before residents didn't give a damn.

don (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male donlamoureux O4 Rocks! don@leadstreams.com Location: South Jordan of course! Birthdate: 1966-12-15
Apathy usually happens for a reason. It is just another way of making the statement "what is being done sucks". So people vote with their feet. Until such a time as the system in Daybreak is fixed, people will make their own fun, have their own parties, and start their own groups. In my 15 years of planning activities and working with teams of volunteers, we rarely dealt with apathy because we had good communication and proper planning. When somebody was apathetic, it usually meant that they need to take a break.

In the case of the 5k, you may have to look deeper for the answers. Was the community apathetic about it, or are they just not real happy with the way things are going generally. The 5k is an awesome event that had the potential to grow each year, and each year the community grows. So why are there a lack of volunteers? I believe we know the answer to that question.

Last Edit: 2008/08/18 15:59 By don.
scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 22  
sorry to hear about the 5k, this goes back to what I have been saying for over a year, we need to get rid of the two CCMC party planners. The homeowners should hire, from our budget, but it should not be a CCMC employee although it could be contracted via CCMC, a homeowner to do the job for 50k a year. I am convinved that a homeowner would do a much better job in bringing the community together.

just my two cents...

and at that rate we would have an extra 75k for activities...

don (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
I would have to agree with you Joe. The right person could really make a difference if they approached it correctly. Between the savings on staff and the % on the sale of homes, there is more than enough $$ to really provide what the community wants.

The key phrase here is "what the community wants". The only way to do that is to be in the community, get to know the community, and be involved in the community. I am not sure that $50,000 is enough for the right person, but it is close. We aren't talking about a "party planner". We have gone that route, and it hasn't been effective. We need somebody who can engage socially and network with people, form support groups and teams, work with clubs, service organizations, etc. I would meet with two families a day, every day. Get to know them and find out what they are looking for in the community. I have done this in my past jobs, though in those cases, it only took 3-6 months because we are talking about a few hundred families. Here, we are looking at 1200, with more every day. Still, even a fraction of the total would show a care and concern for the community and the people living here.

I could go on, I have a bottomless pit of ideas!

cb (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
Boourns to the HOA for canceling the 5K. Who makes these decisions?

I was excited about the 5K and I invited family and friends to come run at my expense for fun. Now I have to tell them, sorry my HOA decided to cancel it for an unknown reason.

Go to top Post Reply