albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase rizact get 5mg cheap to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy diabecon can i get how online 60caps buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to actos online 45mg get can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 212 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2516861
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K
buffalogal (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2  
I was unable to attend July's program committee meeting but was greatly distressed to hear that the 5K has now been changed to a Park Party. Does anyone know more about this?? My biggest concern is that I was told there was a major advertising push for this event. How much money was spent on advertising a 5K?? How many people signed up for the event?? How will they reimburse people who signed up for the event?? How will funds be raised now that the only money being asked for is a suggested $5 for BBQ?? Really?? $5 for a BBQ dinner??? We were asked to spend more than that on the Luau and that was just an event. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FUNDRAISER!!!

I will definitely be attending this month's meeting to find out more.

I guess my Kool Aid is wearing off, can someone bring me some more so that I can have a Happy, Happy Daybreak day?!?

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
don (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male donlamoureux O4 Rocks! don@leadstreams.com Location: South Jordan of course! Birthdate: 1966-12-15
Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3  
I haven't heard anything about changes to the 5k. This has been for two years running the best event Daybreak has put on and thousands has gone to Huntsman Cancer Institute. I was involved in the event in the past, but not this year. It looks to me as if the park party is "after" the event, not replacing it. Here is the announcement for the event:

3rd Annual 5k Dusk Fun/Run/Walk Park Party - Saturday, August 30 at 6:00 p.m.
We’re doing something a little different this year! It’s still a Fun/Run/Walk 5k but once the race is over we are having a park party! Currently we are looking for a great deal of residents to assist the Program Committee the day of the event. If you are interested, please contact Tina at tesparza@ccmcnet.com as soon as possible! This is an amazing opportunity for you to Join us for our “dusk” 5k fun run/walk. This event is open to runners, joggers and walkers throughout the Valley. The course will take participants through the beautiful neighborhood of Daybreak. We will conclude the event with a Park Party in one of Daybreak’s newest parks in Eastlake Village. The park party will offer live entertainment, BBQ dinner, clowns, face painting, bounce houses and raffle prizes for everyone. To register log onto www.sportsnuts.com.

Last Edit: 2008/08/10 05:49 By don.
buffalogal (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2  
Don - I was well aware of the after-party, but in the email sent on 8/1 it states:

"Fundraising Park Party for Huntsman Cancer- Saturday, August 30 at 6:00 p.m.

We’re doing something a little different! Instead of a Fun/Run/Walk 5k we will be hosting a Park Party to raise funds to be donated to Huntsman Cancer Foundation. The party will take place in one of Daybreak’s newest parks in Eastlake Village, Rowdy Park (located off Vermillion) The park party will offer live entertainment, BBQ dinner ($5.00 donation), clowns, face painting, bounce houses, dunk tank and a pie throwing contest along with raffle prizes. Hope to see you there!"

So the party replaces the run according to this email. Has it changed again??? Is there a run or isn't there? I am soooo confused.

Last Edit: 2008/08/10 19:31 By buffalogal.
don (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male donlamoureux O4 Rocks! don@leadstreams.com Location: South Jordan of course! Birthdate: 1966-12-15
I can see how you would be confused, I have no idea what's going on. I didn't get the 8/1 email at all. Definitely different wording than the one received on 7/18! Did the 5k not have enough support and they scrapped it? I don't know. Normally, this is a good to time to go to the community web site and confirm everything. If only we had one....... According to the Registration Site, www.sportsnuts.com, the event is still going on as planned. Here is the blurb from there:

3rd Annual Daybreak at Dusk 5K

Venue Daybreak Community Center
Address 4544 Harvest Moon Drive
South Jordan
Utah
United States
Starts From 8/30/2008 4:30:00 PM
Till 8/30/2008 9:30:00 PM

4:30 PM Registration 5:45 PM Race Kick-Off 6:00 PM Fun Run/Walk Starts 6:30 PM Park Party Starts Live Entertainment BBQ Dinner ($5.00 per person) Clowns Face Painting Bounce Houses Prize Rifle 8:00 PM Award Presentation Top two finishers for each category 9:30 PM Thank you for coming!

Proceeds will benefit the Huntsman Cancer Foundation.

bneilson (Visitor)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Huntsman Cancer Foundation 5K 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1  
I did email back and get a response confirming the Park Party is in place of the 5K.

I work with a Volunteer group here in South Jordan and we were lined up to help with the 5K. For some odd reason they just stopped returning our calls... then I got the email.

So maybe the thought is that more people would participate with the park thing then the run. Personally I was hoping that the 5K was just the start and they would work over time to build it to a larger run and possibly add a bike tour as well.

Oh Well, I guess i will see all of you in the park...

kdudley (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Those of us who were involved in the first two hoped it would become more as well. Seems a little community apathy killed the run.

Go to top Post Reply