i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription diabecon can i get how online 60caps actos online 45mg get albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to rizact get 5mg cheap can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online Re:The Daybreak Daily Challenge - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 275 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2519658
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:The Daybreak Daily Challenge (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:The Daybreak Daily Challenge
scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The Daybreak Daily Challenge 16 Years ago Karma: 22  
We are having a contest this month, the winner will get $100 cash...here is how it works:

You need to reply to this thread letting everyone know what your favorite ammenity or materialistic change within Founders Village that was added by Kennecott Land that was not included in the initial planning (if you can even think of any). The Community Garden on Lake Run does not count...answers will be taken until 5.31.08 and then a vote by registered users will decide who wins the $100 (each user will only get one vote)

any questions email me:
scoop@daybreakdaily.com

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/05/08 05:54 By scoop.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The Daybreak Daily Challenge 16 Years ago Karma: 4  
There is some fairly new concrete patch on the curb in front of my house. I like it. Other than that, I think we are the forgotten ones. Sure wish our parks looked like East Lake's...

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The Daybreak Daily Challenge 16 Years ago Karma: 12  
deepdoodoo wrote:
QUOTE:
Sure wish our parks looked like East Lake's...

Oh come on Doo, Founders has that difficult to achieve natural look. Anybody can have parks with wide expanses of green where games can be played, and kids can roll in the grass, while folks sit and watch from lots of benches under beautiful shady trees.

The folks in Founders are of sturdier stock. They can walk farther to find a park bench only to sit in the sun and stare at brown weed covered hills.

The Founders are more creative when it comes to finding an open expanse of grass to throw a Frisbee or roll a bocce ball. Founders go to the school field like our parents and all of those that lived in poor, unplanned communities before us. It's overrun with weeds too, but the school district keeps them neatly mowed (Don't forget to take a doggie poop bag for clean up before starting your game, and make sure you know when soccer and baseball and football practice is over or there won't be room for you to romp).

Founders don't need no stinking tulip bulbs artfully placed at the entry of a park. All a Founder needs is catchment ponds that hold just enough water from the always running sprinkler system, to breed mosquitoes. It's wonderful to walk by the "ponds" at sunset and watch the new hatchlings take wing into the neighborhood. Ah, nature.

Founders know who they are! We are the drainage for all the surrounding villages. Look at how creative Kennecott was disguising Central Park for us. Where else would you be lucky enough to get such a large storm drain disguised as a park? A terrific large SUNNY area, no trees to get in the way of frolic. You don't see any of that in Eastlake!

Who needs a lovely natural stone entry at each corner of a promenade? Founders get new patches of concrete replaced every year! The different shade of concrete certainly creates a beautiful contrast to the mundane, same batch pour you see everywhere else.

History tells us Founders are the ones that suffer, just to build a better life for those who follow. So the next time you walk by the one-acre weed patch by the DCC, hold your head up high and say, "that's right, I'm a Founder! I'm meant to have less for the betterment of those that follow"

deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The Daybreak Daily Challenge 16 Years ago Karma: 4  
Well stated, Girl! I suddenly feel like a pioneer, braving the untamed West for the betterment of those who depend on me. Yeah, that's it... And here I was feeling all sorry for myself.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The Daybreak Daily Challenge 16 Years ago Karma: 12  
scoop wrote:
QUOTE:
favorite ammenity or materialistic change within Founders Village

OOO,ooo, I know, the trailer park classrooms at the elementary school!

Oh, no, that was the school district.

I'm sure I'll think of something that was added. Does it count if I can name all the things they deleted from the plan?

scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:The Daybreak Daily Challenge 16 Years ago Karma: 22  
it would need to be something added or changed for the better...

Go to top Post Reply