buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription actos online 45mg get prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase rizact get 5mg cheap can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i diabecon can i get how online 60caps advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest Re:Charter School coming to Daybreak - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 330 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2517326
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Charter School coming to Daybreak (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Charter School coming to Daybreak
scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Charter School coming to Daybreak 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 22  
I know two people on the BOD and who were directly involved in setting this up, if you want to talk to them or have questions let me know.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Charter School coming to Daybreak 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4  
Heard some troubling things about this charter school. Like starting teacher pay will be $18,000/yr and teachers will not need teaching certificates or degrees. There is no guarantee that the people hired as teachers have any training in their subjects or can even teach. As it is a charter school, the Jordan District will have to redistribute funding for each student who attends by taking that money away from Daybreak and Eastlake Elementary Schools. This means teachers will be removed from those schools. Funding for the school year is dependent on the enrollment on Oct. 1. As parents potentially find out how bad Early Light Academy is, they will bring their kids back to Daybreak and Eastlake later in the school year but the funding will have already been slashed at those schools. This means less teachers and larger classes.

I suggest before you commit to Early Light you investigate it fully. Find out who the teachers are and what their backgrounds are. Find out if the people running the school have any experience doing so. Register your children at Daybreak or Eastlake so you have the option to pull out of Early Light if you need to. There have been many charter schools that have lost their charters after failing to meet minimum standards. Just because it is a charter school does not necessarily mean your child will receive a better education there.

Anybody know anything about Early Light they would like to share?

Last Edit: 2008/12/24 14:06 By deepdoodoo.
JessC (User)
Jess C.
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female coombsy10 Location: eastlake Birthdate: 1983-07-07
Re:Charter School coming to Daybreak 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2  
another school accomodating elementary grades... what happens when all these children reach MIDDLE SCHOOL? The middle school will overflow! Any plans for a MIDDLE SCHOOL? That seems a better idea to me.

deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Actually it is supposed to accomodate through 9th grade.

I think there are plans in the works for a middle school (public) in Northshore.

deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Here is a little write-up on the effectiveness of charter schools. You might want to read it before putting all your faith in one:
http://www.nea.org/charter/index.html

littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Charter School coming to Daybreak 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2  
In addition to the concerns Deep outlined, I am also concerned about the lack of separate art, music, and physical education classes and teachers, or even support for the arts. History is great, but there also needs to be balance. I am also disappointed that individual classrooms aides are not planned for classes as well.

I am also concerned the K12 curriculum is, for the most part, a home school curriculum, lots of worksheets. A math program still isn't in place, or has been available for parents to review.

I highly doubt the school will be ready by August. I have not heard of a backup plan for what to do with the students if this is the case.

A principal still hasn't been hired . . .

I read the entire charter, and it looks like many amenities and anything more than a barebones school could take up to 5 years to put into place. In 5 years my children will be too old for the school.

My children are on the registration list, but after researching this school, I plan to keep them at their current elementary school in Daybreak. The new charter school doesn't offer anything better than what they are getting now IMO.

I am so disappointed, since I am not 100% happy with our current school right now. Oh well, nothing lost I guess.

Go to top Post Reply