can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online rizact get 5mg cheap over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy diabecon can i get how online 60caps cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to actos online 45mg get duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i Re:Constant watering on Topview Rd & Open Crest - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 489 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2512916
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Constant watering on Topview Rd & Open Crest (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Constant watering on Topview Rd & Open Crest
Tiffini (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Constant watering on Topview Rd & Open Crest 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
Did anyone else notice that the weeds along Topview Rd and Open Crest were watered for several hours this weekend - many times while it was raining? I left my house several times and the weeds were being watered. I would come home an hour or more later and the same section of weeds were still being watered!!!

I am assuming our HOA funds pay to water the open spaces in the community (South Jordan water is 3x as much as what I paid living in Draper) and it is an enormous waste of scarce resources. Very responsible...

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/06/14 11:50 By Tiffini.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Constant watering on Topview Rd & Open Crest 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2  
Sounds like the sprinklers were malfunctioning. Did you report it to the HOA, so they could notify the maintenance workers/ Valley Crest(?) ?

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Constant watering on Topview Rd & Open Crest 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 12  
Absolutely nothing new for our community. I have reported excess watering for years and nothing happens.

Kennecott is all about sustainability, but that's just part of the marketing that sucks in folks worried about our earths resources.

I guess if there is good news, all of the green areas are on secondary water and is not supplied by the city. It's still not an excuse for blatant waste of water.

Tiffini (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Constant watering on Topview Rd & Open Crest 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
I definitely don't think they are malfunctioning, so no, I didn't report it. I don't believe they would do anything about it; which pretty much sums up my experience with the HOA thus far. We are still fighting the battle to install a wrought iron fence in a front yard and they seem to be stuck on the auto-response of "you must install a wooden picket fence" and will not entertain any other ideas. Along the lines of sustainability - the HOA advocating the unsustainable wood fence, when wrought iron would last much longer. It seems like someone enjoying their ability to control peoples' yards, more than a rational, sensical approach. It's quite sad. If I had realized, I would have never moved here.

They were watering the same areas yet again today. I also notice that they water during the hours that it is typically advised against 10AM-4PM; the heat of day. Usually all along 11400 S. Perhaps the HOA would actually do something if I mentioned this to the SL Tribune. They seem to publish water wasters rather frequently.

GirlInterrupted, I am going to agree with your assessment that Kennecott's marketing of this community as a sustainable community is just that, marketing and nothing more. I just hate to see that we are supporting the waste of scarce resources.

Last Edit: 2010/06/14 22:44 By Tiffini.
littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Constant watering on Topview Rd & Open Crest 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2  
Hmm, I guess I have had a different experience with the HOA. Whenever I have called with reports of broken sprinklers, dangerous behavior at the lake or whatever, they seem to be addressed fairly quickly. But then again, I haven't asked about mid-day use of sprinklers, either or had issues with fencing or landscaping requests.

jarmcguire (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Constant watering on Topview Rd & Open Crest 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4  
Tiffini wrote:
[quote]
They were watering the same areas yet again today. I also notice that they water during the hours that it is typically advised against 10AM-4PM; the heat of day. Usually all along 11400 S. Perhaps the HOA would actually do something if I mentioned this to the SL Tribune. They seem to publish water wasters rather frequently.
quote]

I questioned KL & the HOA on the watering policy a year or two ago and was informed that due to how much land has to be watered they basically have to have the sprinklers running 24-7. So no matter what time of day it is sprinklers are on somewhere in Daybreak.

Go to top Post Reply