cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir rizact get 5mg cheap actos online 45mg get advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase diabecon can i get how online 60caps over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription Re:HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 203 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2509763
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice?
Tiffini (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
My husband I and recently submitted a request to the HOA to place a wrought iron fence around our front yard. We just got word from the HOA that due to the fact that our next door neighbors have a wood picket fence in their front yard, we must also install a wood picket fence to get the request approved.

We have absolutely no interest in a high-maintenance wood fence that will most likely require replacement at some point due to the lack of durability of the materials. Wood fences tend to look awful if they are not painted/coated on an annual basis.

We were told that to appeal the wood picket fence we must provide a written case. I am first frustrated by the fact that I cannot have a wrought iron fence and also irritated by the fact that this appeals process takes about six weeks (we would like the fence installed sooner rather than later).

Does anyone know of any houses in Daybreak where there is a wood picket fence in the front yard next to a house with a wrought iron fence (or nearby one another)? If so, can you please provide approximate addresses to include in our appeal? Also, if this doesn't work, I suppose our next choice is a vinyl fence. Does anyone know of any houses that have a 3' vinyl picket fence in the front yard? If so, where is it?

There is a park in front of our house and unfortunately, many visitors (especially unattended children) of the park seem to think our front yard, porch, etc. are all part of the park. To save our sanity, we really need a fence ASAP.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Jetfire (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 7  
It might depend on which section of Daybreak you live in. Each area has its own rules to give it a distinct style, including what types of fencing is allowed. Did the review board actually say it was because of your neighbors rather than your neighborhood? If so, I'm very shocked that they even bothered to go out to look at your street to see what others actually had.

Tiffini (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
We live in East Lake Village. They specifically mentioned our neighbor's existing wooden picket fence as to their decision to deny the wrought iron and told us they would approve the request if it is a wooden picket fence.

Lake Bridge Drive is one street over from us and a majority of the houses on that street have wrought iron fences. I haven't seen too many wooden picket fences in our area; it is mostly wrought iron. They only knew of the existing wooden picket fence since it is on one side of the yard, so we had to acknowledge that in our design map. The wooden picket fence is the only front yard fence on the entire street.

Also, on Top View Drive a couple of blocks east of us, there are houses with a mixture of picket fences and wrought iron fences.

Last Edit: 2010/05/23 01:24 By Tiffini.
littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2  
If there are examples of mixed fencing near you, snap some pictures and appeal.

mcgowans (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1  
I think there is a house on Degray in East Lake(not sure of exact intersection) there is a house on the North side that has a rod iron fence.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:HOA - Front yard fencing, no choice? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 12  
If you drive along Lakebridge you will see the most god awful mix of iron picket fence in front with an extremely visible 6' stockade fence surrounding the rear yard on the same property. I'm not sure what the developer had in mind with that choice. Your mix of iron picket next to wood picket can't look worse than that.

Go to top Post Reply